Sad Day

The Reef Pit

Non-member
Well fellow reefers today is a sad day My Engineer Goby that I have had since 2004 passed away this morning. Even know there where so many times I wanted to get rid of him over the years for moving all the sand for one side of the tank to the other , or causing rocks to fall. I could never get rid of him,, I never did name him but called him Little Sh** and Mother F**** alot.. He will be missed.. Thats my sad vent for the day reef of fellow reefers. Dom

Sorry for your loss... I love the personality they bring to a tank....My first one lasted about 6 months... he crushed himself under a tunnel he was making....it was a life lesson so when I upgraded my tank I secured all the rock work to a piece of grating and then added my sand... my wife got me another one and named it digger...

It's amazing how attached you can get to a fish. I still have my first clown. She's all alone in a biocube because she kept killing any other clown that came near her. I'd love to break that tank down, but I can't get rid of her. 11 years is a long time for an aquarium fish. Sorry.

Sorry for your loss... I love the personality they bring to a tank....My first one lasted about 6 months... he crushed himself under a tunnel he was making....it was a life lesson so when I upgraded my tank I secured all the rock work to a piece of grating and then added my sand... my wife got me another one and named it digger...

Thanks,, he was nice to have in the tank but most people that came over never knew he was in the tank because he had his tunnels under all the rocks,, he will be missed

It's amazing how attached you can get to a fish. I still have my first clown. She's all alone in a biocube because she kept killing any other clown that came near her. I'd love to break that tank down, but I can't get rid of her. 11 years is a long time for an aquarium fish. Sorry.

thanks and Yup we do get attached even to the one's we don't like lol , my tomato clown is older than him I have had the tomato clown since 2003, and used to beat everyone up when she was younger , now as long as no one goes near her cave they are all set,, expect my 6 line wrasse , he goes where he want and the tomato clown can't catch him lol

I have some green chromis that I swear are 10 years old and have been in several tanks. I'm really attached to my paired Ocellaris clowns. One is a Black Phantom and the other a Snowflake. They're going thru all the mating dances; vibrating, rubbing the rock where they've picked out "their" spot, etc. They came from Sea & Reef up in Maine or S&R. My wife picked up on the S&R thing and named them Sears & Roebuck!

That's a bummer. Eleven years ago would you have ever though you would get attached to a fish?

That's a bummer. Eleven years ago would you have ever though you would get attached to a fish?

I have some green chromis that I swear are 10 years old and have been in several tanks. I'm really attached to my paired Ocellaris clowns. One is a Black Phantom and the other a Snowflake. They're going thru all the mating dances; vibrating, rubbing the rock where they've picked out "their" spot, etc. They came from Sea & Reef up in Maine or S&R. My wife picked up on the S&R thing and named them Sears & Roebuck!

That would be awesome if they mated I would like to see what the baby's come out looking like,, Funny about the Sears & Roebuck,, I work at Barrons major brands and About 7 years ago I got a yellow and black clown with three with strips at a good deal and I named him Bestbuy..lol

I know the feeling. Had my clowns for 12 years till one died. Still have 1 left going on 13 years old now.

Back