Sad Tank Day

GaryDN

BRS Member
Yesterday was a sad day for us here, we have had saltwater (fish only 11 years n reef for 3 years) fish for the last 14 years. For the last 13 years we had the same mimic tang in both tanks. Yesterday he died, Goodbye you have been a good fishy

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 391
Thats definetly alot longer life in your tank, than if he was out in the wild. What a beautiful fish. Your very fortunate to have enjoyed him for so long.

Thats definetly alot longer life in your tank, than if he was out in the wild. What a beautiful fish. Your very fortunate to have enjoyed him for so long.

why do you say that? Fish tend to live a lot longer lives in the wild than they do in our tanks.

Either way though, 13 years is a good long life for an aquarium fish, it sucks to lose it, but at least you cared for it well.

Usually the smaller species are susceptible to too many variables. Food chain etc. I'm only talking in general.

good on you for providing it a great home for so many years. Im sorry he had to go!

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. Now the big question my wife wants another tang, now knowing it is better for a 6ft tank any ideas? I currently have 2 clarkii clowns, flame angel, mandarin, hawk fish currently in my 90 gal.

A naso or vlamingi are not only qutie hearty there the most like pets. My naso almost wants to be scrached on his bellie while the other fihs are hiding in the rocks.

I like the look of the naso's. funny the vlamingi's can live up to 45 years according to a Google search :eek:

Back