All Set Schedule 80

Attachments

• IMG_1493.jpeg
    IMG_1493.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 76
Could you post a pic of what you're trying to do? It might speak a thousand words as they say.
I wanna make a cut at that line, then run a pipe to the roller…I can’t use the silicone tubing cuz the angles won’t work…

If that’s a Red Sea tank your issue is that the Red Sea plumbing is metric sized, and any plumbing you’ll buy here is in US (Imperial) sizes. What you’ll need is the union that was posted earlier that converts from the metric (Red Sea) to imperial (US) pipe diameters. If you tell us Which RedSea tank are you running, we can tell you which fitting you’ll need to convert it to US fittings.

If that’s a Red Sea tank your issue is that the Red Sea plumbing is metric sized, and any plumbing you’ll buy here is in US (Imperial) sizes. What you’ll need is the union that was posted earlier that converts from the metric (Red Sea) to imperial (US) pipe diameters. If you tell us Which RedSea tank are you running, we can tell you which fitting you’ll need to convert it to US fittings.
Waterbox. 36 gallon

But I wonder what size the fitting on the roller is? (what brand?) I bet that's metric? Did the roller come with another black plastic fitting that matches the threaded fitting on it's top? (that looks like it could be half of a "union" which would make perfect sense there)

On the grey PVC pipe I can see writing. What does it say? It should have the size printed if it's not cut off.

According to this:

Your tank should be using all DN20 plumbing.

The Theiling roller has a DN25 as the smallest adapter size.

Buy a 20 mm adapter union (SKU 231996):

Connect an 90 elbow to the union (slip x spigot), a length of 1/2” pipe, another 90 elbow (slip x slip) then add a 1/2” nipple and just run a vinyl tube into the roller mat long enough that it won’t come out. Probably the simplest solution rather than trying to go metric-imperial-metric.

Edit to add: for simplicity and ease of finding parts at the hardware store, just connect a normal (slip x slip) elbow to the union with a 1” length of 1/2” pipe.

Last edited:
According to this:

Your tank should be using all DN20 plumbing.

The Theiling roller has a DN25 as the smallest adapter size.

Buy a 20 mm adapter union (SKU 231996):

Connect an 90 elbow to the union (slip x spigot), a length of 1/2” pipe, another 90 elbow (slip x slip) then add a 1/2” nipple and just run a vinyl tube into the roller mat long enough that it won’t come out. Probably the simplest solution rather than trying to go metric-imperial-metric.

Edit to add: for simplicity and ease of finding parts at the hardware store, just connect a normal (slip x slip) elbow to the union with a 1” length of 1/2” pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_1494.jpeg
    IMG_1494.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 65
Close enough!

I’d hard plumb that in though. The flex pipe and weight of the fittings will probably be enough to pop off sooner than later.

You’ll want to add a 1/2” gate valve to the order too so that you can adjust the flow since you won’t be able to use the previous gate valve.

Close enough!

I’d hard plumb that in though. The flex pipe and weight of the fittings will probably be enough to pop off sooner than later.

You’ll want to add a 1/2” gate valve to the order too so that you can adjust the flow since you won’t be able to use the previous gate valve.
Definitely…will do….and yes, close enough…lol. Thank you for your help, I couldn’t get that from anyone at Lowe’s or ace hardware

I'd want to hard plumb too, but if this works it works.

Shrimpchips - are you sure about the suggested size for the gate valve? I was thinking 3/4" or 1"?

In terms of ordering another gate valve, that's a "Spears" gate valve. Great quality and re-buildable. Not cheap, and definitely not usually available locally. you can also get cheaper gate valves, but IME the extra $ for the spears is worth it.

Metric 25mm

English 1"

I'd want to hard plumb too, but if this works it works.

Shrimpchips - are you sure about the suggested size for the gate valve? I was thinking 3/4" or 1"?

In terms of ordering another gate valve, that's a "Spears" gate valve. Great quality and re-buildable. Not cheap, and definitely not usually available locally. you can also get cheaper gate valves, but IME the extra $ for the spears is worth it.

Metric 25mm

English 1"
If that is a Spears gate valve, I’m assuming it’ll be a 1/2” fitting already (closest size to DN20) since the rest of the thread is about adapting the plumbing to imperial vs metric.

If that is a Spears gate valve, I’m assuming it’ll be a 1/2” fitting already (closest size to DN20) since the rest of the thread is about adapting the plumbing to imperial vs metric.
Should be easy to figure out. check the printing on the pipe connected to it (and the other drain next to it that appears to be the same size).

I don't know, is metric PVC sized differently from English?
Ie, actual measurements; 1/2" = 12.7mm, 3/4" = 19.05mm, 1" = 25.4mm.
Unless they are sized differently, it seems that 3/4" would be much closer, but still slightly smaller than 20mm? Am I missing something?

Should be easy to figure out. check the printing on the pipe connected to it (and the other drain next to it that appears to be the same size).

I don't know, is metric PVC sized differently from English?
Ie, actual measurements; 1/2" = 12.7mm, 3/4" = 19.05mm, 1" = 25.4mm.
Unless they are sized differently, it seems that 3/4" would be much closer, but still slightly smaller than 20mm? Am I missing something?
From what I was told…schedule 80 pvc is the same size as copper tubing.

dont buy the metric conversion from bulkreefsupply i tried it and their union is different from the waterbox metric. get the conversion from coralvue.

dont buy the metric conversion from bulkreefsupply i tried it and their union is different from the waterbox metric. get the conversion from coralvue.
Wow, that is a crazy PITA. Sorry if I steered you in the wrong direction.

Back