Scrapping the sponsorship plan

Being new here I think its important to keep trying...I love this hobby for example...i have a wife, mortgage etc...I would like very much to do a 120G reef...Now with live rock going for 9.99/lb and up at the LFS, how can I afford it? I can go online, but I like this forum and given time will have trust in its participants and advertisers.

I support any effort to spread the hobby, and I agree with the LFS's cutting down the number of people in it, not only with unfair pricing but with competition bashing and misinformation. I was at a store and asked a salt water question about a problem I was having, they asked what store helped setup the tank, i answered and they said, there is your problem. I turned and walked out. This is the kind of stuff that we can avoid by comming on here, doing our research, and then using vendors that also support this channel. Inland Reef was a great example of a store that supported online activities and helped customers...I only wish they were still around.!!

The group buy that Sea Creatures just did work out great for the store , of the people who came to the store most left with at least one other item , a few left with alot & most said they would be back So this group buy was a win , win for both the store & the members who got in on it

In fact looking for to doing many more !!

Last edited:
RobboT said:
You know though Jeremy, I would really like your honest opinion on the sponsorship plan. Im being serious, I know we (you and I not BRS and you) have had our run-ins in the past but we all really want this thing to work and I for one would like to hear your opinion.

Jeremy how about your opinion & you other sponsors how about yours. I'm sure all of the members would like to hear what the problem is with this plan

I don't think Jeremy will respond, but he's seen the tiered plan and a contract -proposal -to remove the tiers.

He's not one to tell others how to run their business,
but definitely cares about running his own.

He's in it for all the right reasons IMO.

MY opinion: ...will have to wait.
MY recommendation: ...let's wait til MACNA is over.

It's really in the best interest of everyone. I am tending to agree with Karl about the MACNA issue and this is also why this topic ought to wait--as Marc and Rob suggested.

After that, we need to hear from both sides and then make an INFORMED opinion.

That's fine to wait till after MACNA but if thats what is going to be done the rules fo the tier program as it stands now must be followed

I step a side and read carefully for a wild. The way I see it, is that the sponsors who are tier 1 and 2 were taking a vantage when they were no tier 3 sponsors, now we have tier 3 sponsors who I believe they follows the rules the other got upset because now they have to follow the rules. This is my opinion with no prejudice or selfishness. Also sponsor remember it the cheapest way to advertise your store. I use to be with Tropical Fish Society of Rhode Island. It club that been around for more then 35 years, I remember we had over 500 member and over 200 member come to the meeting each month. Now there about 30 to 40 member they lost of people due to selfishness and prejudice, they forgot that this is a hobby to enjoy and to share knowledge and to exchange or trade stuff.
Hey I agree with everybody, let wait after the MACNA because we going to host of lot of people plus there a chance that we might get 10 to 30% of people sign up or check us out on the internet. So we need to behave. :D

I?ll be watching and keeping a log so when it times to discuss it, we have everything on the table to make thing work out for everyone.

Remember what I wrote it a hobby to enjoy and to share knowledge and to exchange or trade stuff and help out the sponsors and non sponsors store who might join in. :)

now we have tier 3 sponsors who I believe they follows the rules the other got upset because now they have to follow the rules.
Not exactly correct.
The rules state 1 group buy per Tier 3 sponsor per month - not 2 or 3.

Back