Sea Creatures (N.Prov.R.I.) group buys

Picked up my temp monitor and a couple of other things. Thanks littlep and John. Boy, the store was a mad house when the new shipment arrived. Everyone in Providence must know when John gets his livestock. He's got some nice stuff for reasonable prices.

I got there at 7:30 and boy most stuff was gone already. DOH! And of course just my luck, the fish I wanted didn't show up this weeke.

I will take a "Wireless temp Meters-$26.99 each
-includes Meter and one Wireless Transmitter Probe "

Can I stop by sea creatures and pay john with cash??

Is this temp meter all I need to monitor my tanks temp or are there other add ons that I will need to buy inorder to have the meter operational?

never mind-didnt read entire post. Ill just have to wait for the next time. Does anyone know about the temp meter and weather you need additional devices to run it? ( i have never seen these units before)

This PH meter is great.. can't believe I didn't get it sooner.

Boston tapwater: 9.0x PH yay!
Tank nighttime PH: drops from 8:2 to 7.9 boo!

reefsmurf said:
This PH meter is great.. can't believe I didn't get it sooner.

Boston tapwater: 9.0x PH yay!
Tank nighttime PH: drops from 8:2 to 7.9 boo!

Be forewarned - you can't use the pH meter to measure freshwater.
THat was a big mistake I made. I thought it was crazy that the tap water's pH was so high last year. Then Rnady let me know the probe is made for saltwater and can't be used in freshwater.
Still a great piece of equipment. Knowing your tank water pH at all times is an awesome way to monitor health. Also really helps with water changes.

I need to have mine picked up one of these days. I don't think I will be making the meeting unfortunately due to work, so if anyone from the Boston area (Quincy) will be picking up plz let me know so we could maybe arrange something.

FYI, I still need to pick mine up. I'd really rather come and check out the store than have someone pick the stuff up for me but if you need/want to get it out of the store by all means let me know and I'll make other arrangements. Hopefully I can make it down there this week/weekend.

Same here. I just can't seem to find the time to get down that way. If someone is down that way and wants to PU for me let me know. Although I do really want to get down to the store myself.

Mike my pinpoint is defective. it makes loud noise and the display shows random numbers. i don't have the box anymore. what should i do :(

Back