Show us your tank!

Heres the tank I tore down when I moved to Boston about a month ago.
Mr. Aqua 12g long

11.jpg

Large Image Link (214 kB)
Large Image Link (166 kB)
Large Image Link (166 kB)

WOW! That's a really cool setup man. Never seen that concept before!

Higor

Higor's EVO 3D

Jason,
Any reason why you use such a big reflector on that tank? A lot of spilled light and waste of light IMO.

I'll share a pic of my new display... I didn't like the acrylic cube I started in November, so I changed over to a new 180 by marineland/perfecto... Gonna give it time to settle in and let the system do its thing until I feel all is good and stable before going back to corals... But I think I've settled on my rock layout... I'll also need a better light(s) as well before corals are added... Anyways, I'm very happy with my choice, this really is the display tank I've wanted all along... Had one previously, but never got to set it up...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363142315.869002.jpg

The new 250 gal. Still have a lot of room to fill lol
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363230041939.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363230041939.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 400
Jason,
Any reason why you use such a big reflector on that tank? A lot of spilled light and waste of light IMO.

You make a good point, I had the lumenbright from a past build, and its the smallest one they make. I dont see the need to switch to something smaller like a spider reflector, as I feel it would waste even more light, and not spread as well/consistent. I could lower the light but at this point I have too much light, so I doubt it would do any good. There is the Cayman Sun Reflector sold by Hamilton but that's another $130 , and I don't know if the results would really be worth the money. However, looking at it now there defiantly is a lot of spilled light, so its defiantly something to think about :eek: If you have any other suggestions I'd be glad to hear them!

Tank looks kinda messy from the picture because its right after the frag swap and i bought some corals, Id post another picture but dont want to bog down this thread with tons of pictures of my tank.

Last edited:
Hi...Nice Tanks everyone.
This is my new used 110 gallon........No coral or fish or inverts yet......but it is my first real aquascape. (Please excuse the dirty glass and the awkward picture distortions)

Attachments

• 100_0546.JPG
    100_0546.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 370
Back