skimmer poll

I used to own ETS800, then later upgraded to HSA1000 for my 200 gal. reef. I then purchased an HSA250 for my 75 gal reef. HSA has one of the best workmanship in the business, they are not as mass-production or well-known as other big names.

However, once lots of sponge grow out in my 100gal sump, my HSA can no longer pull out as much goo as in the past.

Euro-reef CS6-2 on a 110 Gal. with a 33gal Sump. It works great but I have been thinking of up sizing the pump from the 3500 to the 5000 that way turning it into a 6-2+ Not sure if it will run any better but you know how we are always trying to get to the next level. ;) Any one interested in a sedra 3500 with needle wheel, inlet tube with air hose, U tube etc.

Last edited:
denvig said:
Euro-reef CS6-2 on a 110 Gal. with a 33gal Sump. It works great but I have been thinking of up sizing the pump from the 3500 to the 5000 that way turning it into a 6-2+ Not sure if it will run any better but you know how we are always trying to get to the next level. ;) Any one interested in a sedra 3500 with needle wheel, inlet tube with air hose, U tube etc.

Someone on RC posted about replacing the stock sedra (3500 or 5000?) with an oceanrunner - which can be bought with a needlewheel - cheaper than the sedra. They claimed it blew away the sedra performance-wise.

Im running a Euro 5-3 on my 45 with 15H sump, and it pulls out lots of junk. The only *minor* complaint I have is the adjuster pipe is hard to, well, adjust, so going from dry to wet skimming requires vice-grips.

Back