So glad to have a tank again!

bscallops

BRS Member
At one time I had 13 tanks. Only a couple of them salt water and a nano reef. Life changes forced me to get rid of them. Always wanted one again but my ex always shot it down. Now that I am divorced I didn't need budget approval. I also became disabled due to a brain tumor and was looking for something to fill in my time. Tried picking up the bass guitar but that was too frustrating. Aquariums it was. Due to short term memory loss I schedule what I need to do daily on my calendar and my reef has been running great. I originally got a free 40 breeder tank and stand from a friend that I planned on setting up but then saw a 36 bow front on craigslist with live rock and filter for very little money so I jumped on it. Come to find out the filters leaked and other problems existed. Lesson learned and feel the seller will get his back with karma. I then picked up an eshopps refugium from a guy on craigslist. Come to find out he previously had an aquarium shop. I ended up walking out with a 65 gallon acryllic aquarium, tunze powerheads, refugium, heaters. The ex says my living room looks like a bachelor pad. I love it as do my sons. My oldest wants to be a marine biologist. He actually asks if he can help with water tests. Iv'e found some great shopps in the are and try not to purchase anything online. Looking forward to attending the next meeting.

My current setup is
65 gallon sea clear aquarium
eshopps R-300 refugium
2 Tunze Turbelle Stream 2 Pump
Current USA Orbit Marine LED Aquarium Light
EShopps Protien Skimmer
Tunze Auto Top Off (Picking up tomorrow)
2 Fluval E-Series Electronic Heaters

Livestock
Cleanup crew(Various snails and crabs)
2 percula clownfish
2 peppermint shrimp
Foxface
Banggai Cardinalfish
Firefish Goby
Goby (forget the kind speckled brown)

Various corals that I cant remember the names of.

Back