SPS nano?

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
All heathy SPS tank I have seen are 75 and greater. Is it possible to keep SPS colonies (not small frags) in smaller tanks less than 30 gallon? Thanks

dz6t said:
All heathy SPS tank I have seen are 75 and greater. Is it possible to keep SPS colonies (not small frags) in smaller tanks less than 30 gallon? Thanks

I have a 29 that is chock full of sps right now. If you can keep the Salinity, pH,Alk and CA stable, all you need is light.

M.

maurod said:
I have a 29 that is chock full of sps right now. If you can keep the Salinity, pH,Alk and CA stable, all you need is light.

M.
not in my case, i also have a 29 gallon all params are fine and i have 150 watt mh de on there acros dont survive in my tank, but birdsnests and montipora (some montipora easier ones like digita and caps)
Duds

Duds said:
not in my case, i also have a 29 gallon all params are fine and i have 150 watt mh de on there acros dont survive in my tank, but birdsnests and montipora (some montipora easier ones like digita and caps)
Duds

Thats because you dont do water changes and not skimming.

i started the water changes and im working on the skimmer part, i forgot about this ive been happy my corals have been coming out recently
nvm
Duds

I am running a 250 DE over the 29. I never had much luck with a 175 SE, I am guessing 150DE is not that bright either.

I have several Acros, most of which are within 6" of the top of the tank, and they are happy.

looks like dong is going to help me out with the skimmer problem yay!!!!
pic of my tank or maurod's?
Duds

well duds, if you would have taken someone *cough* my *cough* advice and gotten a 250 instead of a 150 like all these other people with large tanks told you to get, your acro's would have been much more happy. :p

I had a few large digi colonies in my 10 gallon tank before I upgraded to a 20 and hacked them to pieces. By the end of the year I should have some decent acro colonies, lol I'll post them then... stupid 150W! I'd have them already if "I" had gotten a 250W.

lol, it just seemed that a 250 watt was overkill for a 29 gallon, i even thought at first a 150 watt mh was overkill too, i see some people just using one 250 mh for a 75 gallon tank so i thought putting 150 watt mh on a 29 gallon would be about the same and that a250 mh on a 29 gallon would be too much
Duds

The halide bulb matters too. For example, a AB 150w bulb is brighter than a no name bulb sold on eBay.

i am changing my bulb to a phoenix 14k bulb very soon so hopefully its brighter
Duds

Phoenix 14K is a great bulb. I believe it is the same as Ushio 14K.

Back