Tank change

mpizzi

Non-member
I am finally getting my 120g, 6ft tank I have a 110xh and hate the height.

My plan is to run dual 30 inch sumps one for the skimmer and the other will handle the fuge.

My question is this I will need more lighting I have 2 kessil 360we, not a huge kessil fan so my thoughts were 3 ai sol 16 lights to work alongside the 2 kessils.

So it would be ai sol / kessil / ai sol / kessil / ai sol think it'd too much blue??? I love my softies not a huge stick guy. I keep zoas, palys, leathers, gonis mostly

I have about 600 to spend and really dont want to buy 2 more kessil 360wes because the controller sucks lol.

The new AI prime 16HD is an excellent nano led. But the AI prime Sol is a questionable product. There are big difference between AI Prime Sol and AI Prime 16.

Let me ask you this I have an option too get 2 original ai sol lights the ones that are as large as the 52 with the controller with about 50 hours on them for real cheap. Those along with 2 kessil 360we would that handle 72 long tank?

Those are already well past their useful life spam. If you can get them like $25 each and provided all of their led still light up, you can use them till they burn out. Then there will be no parts available to repair them. They can burnt out any minutes, especially use without a controller, which all three channels will be at their max.

But the spectrum of these old led are not that great even when new.

I saw you mentioned that those AI sol only have 50 hours on them, if that is the case, (consider that they were discontinued more than a decade ago) you can run them for several years without problem.

Let me ask you this I have an option too get 2 original ai sol lights the ones that are as large as the 52 with the controller with about 50 hours on them for real cheap. Those along with 2 kessil 360we would that handle 72 long tank?
Shameless plug
Just buy my kessils and you’ll be good to go!

Back