Tank in basement?

dilligaf29

BRS Member
Ok so I'm thinking of setting up a tank or 2 in my basement the temp is 55 down here is it to cold? Looking for ideas and suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to do a basement sump someday in the future... but I am waiting for natural gas and forced hot air so I can finish part of the basement to keep heating costs down.

Mine runs 55-65 throughout the year too.

I would also be worried about moisture build up without ventilation.

I have two frag tanks in my basement, avg temp is around 60, I have a total of 180 gallons and use one 800 watt Finnex heater. I did install an exhaust fan in an old dryer vent that is on a timer and has manual switch. I was able to put a slop sink in which makes it convenient to drain water.

154aaf984ef53115b439ed9a46842d0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The colder the basement the more power you would have to use to keep it at temp. Any loss of power in the winter is going to be felt by your tank pretty quickly. What's your basements temp today?

My tank is in the basement. I run a dehumidifier constantly and electric costs are high in the winter. A little better in the summer.

My QT and feeder tanks are in the basement. It was about 50 yesterday. I have a 150 watt and 200 watt heaters and the tanks are 10 gallon.

Back