Tank is here!!!

The first stages of diatoms ::

Tank_shot.jpg

I agree with ya...Nice project, Greg....Alot of time spent....Lets see some updated pics, Boss!!;):)

B

I like the open space for the fish to swim in.

I gotta join the 100+ G tank one of these day.

The a setback I lost my derasa :( It was one of my reasons for upgrading

Any way moving on to green algea. Not any serious traces of coraline algea to speak of at this point but it is on it's way. However I was enjoying not having to scrap the stuff anyway.
Shot taken around late April early May 08

Attachments

• tank-shot-5-1-08.jpg
    tank-shot-5-1-08.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 948
Man that stinks about the clam... I can't wait to get a deresa/squami when I upgrade...

That is a bummer. It looked enormous. How long did you have it?

BTW, it's really tough to make out your trapezoidal overflow box. It blends in with the back well. Looks good. :cool:

That is a bummer. It looked enormous. How long did you have it?

BTW, it's really tough to make out your trapezoidal overflow box. It blends in with the back well. Looks good. :cool:

I really like the center oveflow makes life easy when Aquascaping. When in wave mode it is very quite. The only thing I don't like about it is they did a glass overflow and skinned it with Acrylic so the water hits the top of the glass and splashes just a bit. Easy enough to fix but one more thing to add to the list. I also modded it to rasie the water level But the glass overflow came in handy there. I made a overflow comb that is taller than the original and sits the inner glass overflow. The cover I made to block out light and contain salt spray from the overflow holds the modded overflow comb in place.

I had the clam for 6yrs. It was on borrowed time. When I received it the box
looked like it had rolled down the highway at 70MPH. There wasn't a drop of water left, but the Clam was closed tight. So I acclimated it any way in a seperate bucket, pretty much just filed it up with tank water and a tossed the clam. I was really surprised when it opened.

So you can get a feel for the size of it this as a 5-6" in crocea in the foreground.
Clamcomparison.jpg

I really like the center oveflow makes life easy when Aquascaping. When in wave mode it is very quite. The only thing I don't like about it is they did a glass overflow and skinned it with Acrylic so the water hits the top of the glass and splashes just a bit. Easy enough to fix but one more thing to add to the list. I also modded it to rasie the water level But the glass overflow came in handy there. I made a overflow comb that is taller than the original and sits the inner glass overflow. The cover I made to block out light and contain salt spray from the overflow holds the modded overflow comb in place.

Heh, I didn't think about that. A square box might make sloshing noises with waves due to the 90 degree angles. That makes sense. I know this info. will porbably come later, but how do you get back there if need be?

I had the clam for 6yrs. It was on borrowed time. When I received it the box looked like it had rolled down the highway at 70MPH. There wasn't a drop of water left, but the Clam was closed tight. So I acclimated it any way in a seperate bucket, pretty much just filed it up with tank water and a tossed the clam. I was really surprised when it opened.

So you can get a feel for the size of it this as a 5-6" in crocea in the foreground.
Clamcomparison.jpg

Sounds like it shouldn't have made it after that journey. You obviously gave it a good home for it to have gotten as big as it did.

No idea whether the trapezoid make a difference. It is just that the pivot point of the wave is the middle of the tank, so the water height doesn't change there. So no surging in the overflow like you get with corner overflows where the water height changes every second or so.

I do like the fact the trapezoid doesn't block any light to either side of it

Last edited:
I was wondering when we would see some updated pictures on this thread. Tank looks great Greg, real nice job on the aquascape. :D Obviously the advantage to a bigger tank is when levels drop it tends to happen slower than a smaller system. That said, the flip side is the rewarding goals or the things we want to see happen seem to take twice as long. :rolleyes: :) Mrs. Delta and yourself must be very happy with the results thus far. Nice job! :)

Well the time has come to close the door on this tank. it was a tough decisions but I need to do work on my house. And trying to support a temporary tank for the duration of renovations is not in the cards

I love large corals I do not care what they are so I leave you with this from my tank

ENdgame.jpg

Back