Tank Temperature

Without the air conditioner on, it can peak around that high. Thankfully, I have a spare air conditioner in my window until Haier America sends me a new one. As long as the room temperature doesn't get too high, my Aquacontroller II can keep the temperature of the tank between 79.0F and 79.5F,

Matt:cool:

Mine's high is at about 81 or 82. This is the max I've seen it. Of course my tank is in the basement so it stays cool down there.

Boy Jim,
That's right about where I start to get nervous.
With my sump in the basement and a fan blowing over it I still have not crossed the 80 mark.

mine runs hot. ~80-81.deg

my temp probe for my heater came out of the water and my tank hit 87.9 deg. amazingly nothing bleached.....

Mine hit 80.1 yesterday. Room temp was 79. I have no AC and the tank is on the first floor. I froze bottles in anticipation of todays 91 deg temps. I couldnt get my house all the way cooled down overnight..

Last edited:
Mine went up to 82 yesterday, no fans or AC. I'm adding a fan shortly. Also installing an AC. House went up to 78, basement (where sump is located) went up to 70

Scuba_Dave said:
Mine went up to 82 yesterday, no fans or AC. I'm adding a fan shortly. Also installing an AC. House went up to 78, basement (where sump is located) went up to 70

82's not bad for no ac and no fans! Must be because your tank is large? I ahd 3 fans on my tank.

My SPS don't seem to care, as the frag tank, located in the basement, routinely runs at about 83F. I don't recommend this for your display tanks. I keep meaning to put a fan on it, but because I've never seen a problem, I just let it run that way,

Matt:cool:

Had the A/c on for the last 2 days so the tank didn't go over 80, but with the new halides (400 watt) it is obvious that I will need to set up the chiller. If not I will have a problem on the days it isn't below 70%.

Time for ice bottles :)
Its above 80 in my house.... if we have many of these days I'm definitely going to have to drastically rearrange my lighting schedule. Are my corals/fish going to freak out if i go from running my lights from 5PM-12AM to 12AM-7AM?

Mine right now is at 82 with the AC on it is usually at 80 but a few days ago my fan in my canopy stopped working. When I put the 400s in this week I am going to enlargen the 3 blow holes on the top and I have a Bigger fan (2x the size of the other one) I am going to fit into the canopy to suck air in from the back

WOW Scott how long was it that high?

Scott Merrill said:
mine runs hot. ~80-81.deg

my temp probe for my heater came out of the water and my tank hit 87.9 deg. amazingly nothing bleached.....

Back