Test kits

One Eye

former vp of pr
I just bought new Salifert test kits for ph, dkh, ca, and mg.
I didn't have a mg test before so I can't compare but the result was 1110, not good.
I compared the Salifert to Seachem on the ca. Seachem said 400, Salifert 320 again not good. The Seachem kit is over a year old
dkh, Salifert compared to a year old Tetra. Tetra 9 dkh, Salifert 7.4 dkh again not good.
Ph compared with a year old Wardly kit. Wardly 8.2 Salifert 7.7

Moral to this story, 1. don't buy cheap test kits
2. replace your test kits when they get old

Wow, Big difference, Darren
Makes you think about how much you trust in your test kit when you find this out. I've been using salifert test kits from the start. I remember once when there was a shortage of Ca tests kits. I bought another brand..Think it was tetra. When the saliferts were available I replaced the used up one & compared it with the tetra. I found it to be off like yourself. I don't trust any test kits other than salifert. (not to say ther aren't others out there as good or better) Just been using them from the start & they really haven't steered me wrong yet.

I just wish they would be a more plentiful supply of them. Seems the mags are low at alot of vendors as well as a few others. (the mags have been in shortage for at least a couple months) I scored one from habib at the show. I had to beg him for it. I asked him why the shortage. He claimed he didn't know there was one. Go figure. Well anyway, if your out there Habib, Thanks for the mag kit you turned me on to at macna!!

Back