The "Donations to Ryan's tank" thread

Paula

I'm still around . ..
OK Ladies and Gents,
It's time to make a plan on pick up and delivery of frags for Ryan's tank. I think he is coming home on Monday, so it would be nice to try to set this up over the weekend.
I have taken the liberty of summarizing the donations and locations:
Scott: 2 colonies
Clamm (Westford?): Leather
KAS (Westford): NEAQ frag
NateHanson (Lawrence): Purple tip, neon green polyps
LauraD(Framingham): Elkhorn, Larry Jackson, Green Digi, Orange cap
OneEye - not ready yet
SherryQ(Burllington): yellow/green milli, toadstool
Jango/Daragon(Quincy): Frags
Richard (Framingham): Purple Rim Cap, Pocillipora
UltimateNoob (Andover): Blue Millipora
dedfish (Watertown) : Xenia
Reef55 (?): frags
Shoeib (Saugus): Zoa frag, blue/purple mushroom
Skatezen (Waltham): help with tank
Maurod (?): Colt coral
MattL (Sommerville): Montipora, pink carnation
Reefguy78 (Worcester): pick up stuff?

I can meet people from the South at CRA tomorrow (Saturday) between 10 and 10:30.
I can meet people from the Framingham area at TropicIsle at 5:00 on Saturday.
On Sunday, I can try to coordinate a pickup run .. . but we have a lot of places to get to.
Suggestions?

if you stop by tropical isle sat. ill bring something for ryan. I don't know what it is, some sort of grass looking thing that has a pink encrusting layer after the lights go out. can't make it sunday though, have to work the 3rd shift

im in worcester just like Reefguy78

I am swapping out the 50g for a 65g tomorrow.
i should be there (somerville) for a while my cell is 617-594-6996. if anyone wants to drop off. i expect to be there ~10am -the afternoon.

I still want to give him a frag of the NEAQ acro but I won't be home this weekend. In fact I'm leaving for Baltimore in an hour or so. I guess I was thinking it through when I volunteered. Sorrry

KAS, I will be able to take it to him in the future if you want or you can give to him at the meeting.

Great Paula. I will be at tropicIsle at 5. Thanks for heading up the pickup..didnt know how I would get there.

Scott I can probably meet you at Ryan's in the morning if you need help with the 65. I also am going to Lowell at 1:00 or so when I hear back from Arnaldo about the frags.

Call me.

Casey,
I'm all up for giving it to him later. I just feel bad that I can't help 'fill' his tank before he gets back. What you guys are doing is awesome. A couple of years ago I had a heat meltdown in the summer and I just couldn't do anything with the tank for months. This will get him right back on track.

This group is great!

This is truly a great group. I just wish I had some thing to donate. I don't have much other than mostly softies.......

Thanks for heading this up Paula. Just a thought - do we need to be concerned about making frag collections at these LFS? I seem to recall there was static over this sort of thing a while ago. Some of the store owners may not be too keen on people trading frags in their parking lots. Maybe it's not an issue, but I thought I'd just raise the question so the meet-ups don't get disrupted tomorrow. :)

Nate

I think that as long as we don't start opening bags and we are quiet about it, we should be OK. It will be a "quick pickup".
So, I will be at CRA between 10 and 10:30 and Tropic Isle at 5pm.
I can meet some others at AA on Sunday. Name the time .... I'll bring the beer!

Scott, I have not been to Ryan's before. Please call me on my cell 781-454-7959 or pm me directions to his house - or your house if you want me to drop the frags at your house. I can't hold them in my tank very long. I could probably keep things overnight in a holding tank and do an interceptor treatment if needed.

Paula

I have to work tomorrow but Scott, i can drop off both frags at Ray tomorrow evening if it's easy to pick up from there. Please let me know.
Thanks
Shoeib

Armando - how about I meet you at Skiptons on Sunday - name the time. I can pick up the frag for Ryan and pick up the Invert book.
Let me know.

Paula I have plans for Sunday but I might see you at Tropical Isle on Saturday. It's been a while I visited the store, should be interesting to see what they have.

Paula,

Will you be at Skipton's on Sunday? I am going by to pick up the Majestic, and can meet you there to drop off frags for Ryan,

Matt:cool:

I am in Haverhill. I have an unidentified acro frag and an orange cap frag I can donate.

Hi Matt,
Yes I can go to Skiptons ... how about around 1? That would still give me time to get up to AA if anyone wanted to meet me there to bring donations.
So, Skiptons on Sunday at 1pm
AquaAddicts on Sunday around 2:30
OK?

I'm just getting the word on Ryans' tank. Do I assume he doesn't need softies? That's all I have but happy to donate if softees are acceptable.

Back