Thoughts?

LaxFrags

A new aquascape build... thoughts?

the overhang will come out a bit more and there will be another structure to the right with some smaller islands around it. Tell me your thoughts! I’ve got a 16g nano for it.

Attachments

• 4172A09C-1111-4D11-85CB-0CB59E43BAC1.jpeg
    4172A09C-1111-4D11-85CB-0CB59E43BAC1.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 4657C214-C863-41F1-A9BC-42F3E83BF72C.jpeg
    4657C214-C863-41F1-A9BC-42F3E83BF72C.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 244
Are those STAX? looks nice!

how tall is the tank?
Yes they are Staxx! The tank is maybe a foot and 3 inches? Don’t know exactly. Here’s a pic of it, I’ve got it set up already for more than a few months but I’d like to try something different! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 187
great! i would keep the height of the aquascape to no more than two third of the tank height if you were going to keep any sps on the top. If mushrooms and zoa's, taller aquascape will be okay and even look better in some cases. Give enough room on the sides/ends of the branches to provide room for a glass cleaner / algae scraper.

great! i would keep the height of the aquascape to no more than two third of the tank height if you were going to keep any sps on the top. If mushrooms and zoa's, taller aquascape will be okay and even look better in some cases. Give enough room on the sides/ends of the branches to provide room for a glass cleaner / algae scraper.
Thanks, will do!

Also- I’ve got a hammer coral and am going to get a nice torch in the future. Where should I put that on the aquascape? Where do you think it would thrive the best? Right now I’ve got it in the sand and it seems to be doing pretty good. My acans, candy canes, lobo, and other hard bright lps I plan on making a little island for in the sand. We will see!

I think I might make a little zoa garden too on an island or on that flat rock to the side. Would the euphilias do good in that flat rock?

Hey everyone, what do you think I should use for sticking my Staxx aquascape together? I have puddy but that doesn’t seem to stick to the rocks that well. Does gorilla glue or something like that that’s reef safe work? What glue should I use for the Staxx rocks? Thanks!

Hey everyone, what do you think I should use for sticking my Staxx aquascape together? I have puddy but that doesn’t seem to stick to the rocks that well. Does gorilla glue or something like that that’s reef safe work? What glue should I use for the Staxx rocks? Thanks!
Anybody got any ideas?

Man that was stressful. I finished the aquascape and placed it into the tank, it is all set up with corals... I’ll probably end up moving em around but for now they’ll stay their. Hopefully it looks good when the light goes on, and hopefully nothing dies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 169
Back