Tropic Marin Pro reef Issues | Condensed Threads

PSU4ME

BRS Member
I’m wondering if there is a delay in effect (if it’s real). All I know is I’ve spent 30k, did everything “right” and “invested” in TMP salt and my tank has been slow to flourish.

Almost the exact setup of @this is me and his tank is 8 fold developed over mine. Only difference was him using IO over TMP.

I appreciate this @highfive52 ! I have 2 boxes in my basement waiting for the new build to get finished. I reached out to bulk reef supply and have to send them the batch information on the box. Hopefully it's from somewhere other than Turkey.
Here's the link to the TM survey if anyone wants it! (you'll need your batch information when filling it out)
https://ul2sbnbkv8a.typeform.com/to/mApNqCcn

I’m wondering if there is a delay in effect (if it’s real). All I know is I’ve spent 30k, did everything “right” and “invested” in TMP salt and my tank has been slow to flourish.

Almost the exact setup of @this is me and his tank is 8 fold developed over mine. Only difference was him using IO over TMP.
Ouch!

I have been using IO for years after tried different brands, there is no difference in growth and color. So I stick to the cheapest IO, they are made in US and that cuts the cost of shipping down.
A big portion of salt price is shipping cost.

I have been using IO for years after tried different brands, there is no difference in growth and color. So I stick to the cheapest IO, they are made in US and that cuts the cost of shipping down.
A big portion of salt price is shipping cost.
And every 10 years they may give you a t-shirt too.

My lawyer,, lol,, got emails from both bulk reef and tropic marin late last night. They are taking this very seriously. IF YOU HAVE HAD YOUR TESTS COME BACK WITH METALS, we need to know. I will be posting soon on all testing results, right now it's in the hands of lawyers. I've been offered a hush settlement, no amount of money can take the last 8 months of sadness and horror away for me or anyone else. So please, if your using any tropic marin salt, I need icp results. Thank you
Whoa, what?? How did they get your lawyers email? Was it because you filled out the survey? And a hush settlement?? Meaning they’re willing to pay people to silence this? Wow that’s shady

Have any of the other users in the group who use TM salt and routinely send off samples for ICP analysis seen elevated copper, or other things that are out of the ordinary?

I use TM salt, but because I'm just running a couple of nanos these days, I buy this RODI SW premixed from a local shop. Therefore I don't know anything about which batch it's from.

I haven't had any issues of note, but I've also never sent out a sample for ICP analysis.

Have any of the other users in the group who use TM salt and routinely send off samples for ICP analysis seen elevated copper, or other things that are out of the ordinary?

I use TM salt, but because I'm just running a couple of nanos these days, I buy this RODI SW premixed from a local shop. Therefore I don't know anything about which batch it's from.

I haven't had any issues of note, but I've also never sent out a sample for ICP analysis.
Highfive did say she did Icp and api tests which came back perfect and it wasn't until she went through a private water testing company is when she got truthful results. He hypothesis is they didn't tell her true results because they work so closely with the aquarium trade.

My lawyer,, lol,, got emails from both bulk reef and tropic marin late last night. They are taking this very seriously. IF YOU HAVE HAD YOUR TESTS COME BACK WITH METALS, we need to know. I will be posting soon on all testing results, right now it's in the hands of lawyers. I've been offered a hush settlement, no amount of money can take the last 8 months of sadness and horror away for me or anyone else. So please, if your using any tropic marin salt, I need icp results. Thank you
Confused about the "lol" in this post-- is this because you are representing yourself? You mentioned being an attorney in other posts.

For the lay person...not attorneys, anytime a company proceeds in this manner, there are big big problems. For those that continue with tropic marin you do so at your own risk, knowing what is facing hundreds of us loyal tropic marin users. ITS NOT JUST THE TURKEY FACILITY. HERE IS A BOX OF TROPIC MARIN FROM BULK REEF SUPPLY. NO BATCH NUMBER. Do company's lie, they do until the get caught......

Attachments

• 2022_01_29_17.16.57.jpg
    2022_01_29_17.16.57.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 2022_01_29_17.17.13.jpg
    2022_01_29_17.17.13.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 20220128_122139.jpg
    20220128_122139.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 20220128_122203.jpg
    20220128_122203.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 200
Im sure they fixed the issue by now and got rid of and recalled all the bad batches
I'm not so sure. People are still losing it on other forums and TM refuses to admit there is an issue. They borderline insinuate that people not wanting salt from the new plant are xenophobic. Either way I haven't seen a recall notice.

For the lay person...not attorneys, anytime a company proceeds in this manner, there are big big problems. For those that continue with tropic marin you do so at your own risk, knowing what is facing hundreds of us loyal tropic marin users. ITS NOT JUST THE TURKEY FACILITY. HERE IS A BOX OF TROPIC MARIN FROM BULK REEF SUPPLY. NO BATCH NUMBER. Do company's lie, they do until the get caught......
Wow.

Back