Unable to use full MACNA ticket due to medical emergency

nickoz

Non-member
I will be unable to use my full MACNA ticket due to a medical emergency in my family. I will have to travel to South Carolina this weekend. Is there anything I can do. Its a shame to have spent $150 and not get anything in return.

Can someone from MACNA please contact me. You can reach me at work tomorrow, 781-515-7761.

Thanks,
-nick

I think tickets are transferable. Maybe someone wants to buy it off you. Check out this thread where the question as to whether you can sell it or not.

As far as what officially can be done...I would call Preferred Travel, 781-849-6130. That is probably the best way to get an official answer other than sell them.

Hope that helps.

I take too long to type.

Emily went on site already, they posted that further transfers were not possible.
But hopefully something could be done.... :(

nick,
i'm in the same boat. i'll know tomorrow. my grandmother passed away today. maybe another ticket avail
:(

Thanks for the replies..
Doctors said my great grandmother may have a couple weeks so I want to see her before its too late.

I left a message with Preferred Travel earlier today but I didnt get a call back. Hopefully something could be done.

-nick

Nick and Scott - I am still interested in boat and/or dinner tickets. If you find out that they can be transferred, please call me on my cell 617-669-7308.

Thanks,
Daire

Ron,
Im not sure if we got disconnected or you hung up but if you or Emily could give me a call I would appreciate it.

I understand if you cannot do a refund and cannot re-sell my ticket. I was told that there will be a DVD of the MACNA speakers. I would be happy if you would apply the cost of the DVD to my ticket cost and put the balance in raffle tickets. With this MACNA still gets my $150 and I have the possibility to get something.

Either way it would be a shame to have an empty seat with my name at the Gala Dinner/Cruise when several people are interested in going.

You can reach me during the day at 781-515-7761 or this evening/weekend on my cell, 781-608-8572.

Thanks,
-nick

I was able to make it for a few hours today before I had a plane to catch. I spoke to Emily of Preferred Travel when I was there and she is going to work something out next week.

Thanks,
-nick

Back