vermetid snails

Blueflu1

The Acan Reaper!
I have vermetid snails in my 46. I have noticed a few growing now in my 90 gallon. Presumably they hitched a ride in on some snails I transferred. Some of my snails have them growing on their shells. I thought I got them all off before I transferred them, but apparently not.

I know they aren't harmful but I would like to get rid of them.
Are there any fish/inverts that eat them? I have a 6 line in my 46 which will be going to the 90 in a week or two, not sure if they eat them.

6lines and other wrasses eat them. You can also superglue the end's of them so they die...

if six lines definately eat them, looks like i'll be getting one. i have about a hundred of them in my 12g. one hitchhiked on my clam when i bought it. i didnt know what it was back then. now their everywhere! they dont bother me except for when i do a water change and all the crap gets stuck to thier strings.

yea, I have a CB too and he shows no interest in them. The 6 line is in the 46 right now with all the vermetid snails in it and I don't think he has touched them. Maybe he will when he gets older.

I had a 6 line for a couple of yrs and it never appeared to eat vermitid snails.

A little glob of epoxy over the end of the tube smothers them nicely.

Ill have to get gluing today if I can get to them. Some of the tubes are under LR. Thanks for the advice.

Ill have to get gluing today if I can get to them. Some of the tubes are under LR. Thanks for the advice.

If I started gluing mine shut today,I might be done by July 4th.:p
Then the troops hiding under the rocks will just move to the front line anyways.:rolleyes:

Back