Want your opinion on LED lighting!

I have a 72" Solaris I5. It is a real beauty, efficient, quiet, produces ripple effect, decent amount of options, e.g. solar mode, cloud cover intervals, etc.

My only complaint, not being a lighting/par guru is there is no guide to help with determining the right intensity of lighting for a given situation. Hence, I still make regular adjustments and am certain I will in the future when I add new corals.

Here is a pic from about 6 months ago. Not the greatest photo, I know. Perhaps, I'll try to snap an update
Aquaria039.jpg

I have been leaning towards getting the pacific sun lights for my 150 gal (72" long) tank, I love the software feature that comes with these lights and how you can control the lights via Bluetooth

It does seem odd, very high vf. I didn't see anything saying 1000ma? I thought these ran at 800ma??

ah, that would account for everything, people tend to call all the crees and luxeons 3w, the can be run up to 1000ma where they would have a vf of 3.7 but at 800ma the vf would probably be closer to 3.5 which would be closer to 3w. i am interested in the larger more powerful leds that maxspect uses for thier larger fixtures though

I have a 72" Solaris I5. It is a real beauty, efficient, quiet, produces ripple effect, decent amount of options, e.g. solar mode, cloud cover intervals, etc.

My only complaint, not being a lighting/par guru is there is no guide to help with determining the right intensity of lighting for a given situation. Hence, I still make regular adjustments and am certain I will in the future when I add new corals.

Here is a pic from about 6 months ago. Not the greatest photo, I know. Perhaps, I'll try to snap an update
Aquaria039.jpg

ah, the cadilac of leds, have you had any problems eletronics wise? bet you paid a pretty penny for that

I'm in the process of reading the whole thread on RC and I've gone back and forth between wanting to save up for them and wait... If anyone does pick up one of these bad boys I'd love to stop by and see the coloring...

While stuck at work on computers pretty much all day I've been looking into LED lighting and dreaming mainly because I don't have the money but there is an American version of the Eco-Lamps KR91 and KR92 "made" by Acan Lighting (http://www.acanlighting.com/) called hte A101 and A102. The 101 doesn't have the larger watt LEDs in the center and run about $1400 while the A102 runs $2400 (both 48")

ah, the Cadillac of leds, have you had any problems electronics wise?
I am uncertain what problems to which out may be referring. But, since, I have had no problems whatsoever, then answer is still no. It has even handled two power outages (~6 hours each) and picked-up within the solar cycle where it should based upon the internal battery (Memory).

a lot of solaris ended up with eletronics problems dealing with drivers going out, then when they tanked they left thier customers hanging.

hey dave for 2000 dollars ill make you a 48 inch light and include a controller and itll be bright enough to make the moon full any time of the month
man, and i thought diy leds were expensive

a lot of solaris ended up with eletronics problems dealing with drivers going out, then when they tanked they left thier customers hanging.

Perhaps, it was a problem with earlier models. I researched this product intensely for weeks and read nothing of such problems.

I've had mine for 18 months without a single incident.:cool:

I just purchased 1 160w cree master and 2 160w slaves from pacificsun usa, to go on my 150 gal reef tank, cant wait to get these puppies in a week, they the top notch led's in my opinion

Back