What does everyone feed their corals?

ChrisPchef

BRS Member
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm curious about what everyone uses to feed their corals, if anything at all. Has anyone tried Coral Max by Fritz? Personally, I've been a long-time user of Reef Roids, but I'm starting to run low on it. Recently, I stumbled upon Coral Max at a local fish store and decided to give it a try to add some variety to my coral feeding routine. However, I haven't been able to find much information or reviews about Coral Max online. I've seen a lot of discussions about Reef Roids versus Benepets, but not much about Coral Max.

In terms of feeding my fish, I typically give them Prime Reef flakes, frozen Hikari mysis shrimp, and Nutrifin Max sinking pellets. Any insights or experiences with Coral Max would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your input.

Chris

Once a week Ill mix in some rods reef to my frozen mix. Twice a week Ill add some reef roids and Gonipower in at night when polyps are out. It was once a week but Im trying to raise my PO4 a little. Ive bumped from .05 to .08 and hope to ge to .1

Mysis to feed fish, fish poop follows.

Resist the urge to try to manage nitrate / phosphate via removal or traditional means. Let bacterial growth happen, corals feed on at least some of that bacterial growth, feed fish more, repeat...

Resist the urge to try to manage nitrate / phosphate via removal or traditional means. Let bacterial growth happen, corals feed on at least some of that bacterial growth, feed fish more, repeat...
I definitely agree with not chasing numbers, haven’t tested my water in 3 years and everything’s been doing great :)

Aside from salinity that is, during a weekly water change.

Only technology I use is heater (budget one from Petco) a Nero 3 power head and hydra 32. Also use tap water for water changes and topping off the tank manually.

my big Dory gives a fantastic show every time she poops, that is like a poop storm.

Oh yea, and Phyto. Plenty of fresh phyto.

Generally I feed just light. For some corals (like certain LPS) that clearly can capture food once in a while I'll feed some chopped up meaty food (clams, shrimp, mysis shrimp, etc.).

Back