What have i done!!!

JimmyC

Non-member
I might of made a mistake, I bought a Volitan lion and now I might be regretting it. He was just a tiny guy only 3-4 inches that was five weeks ago. Now he is about 6-7 inches and is eating everything. I think I been feeding him too much , I didn't think he was suppose to grow so fast. I been feeding him ghost shrimp and was pushing him to eat frozen , I got him to eat one frozen krill this weekend with some garlic on it (I tasted it , it wasn't bad:p.) that's after he ate 10+ ghost. Now I get up this morning and he had my monster emerald crab in his jaws and he actually swallowed him, minus one claw that floated to the bottom of the tank. I should of taken a pic to show his stomach. Now I am going to have to rethink this decision. If I keep him I need to plan on having no Invertebrates or small fish if I don't keep him I need to buy a bigger net.::

Yeah, not the best fish for a reef tank. Just remember, don't suck the poison out if he sticks you.

It sounds like a perfect fish for my sump, I am not joking.

Well I was kinda hoping he would just jump out of the tank into a bucket of water for me. Lol Ill just bait him with my last remaining crab.

If you net him you'll definitely get stung lol! Thick plastic containers work best. It might be fun though, I always caught them in bare tanks.

use a fishing hook and a small piece of shrimp...

Hey I'm a great fisherman I will use one of my trout hooks and live shrimp and I get him. Do you think I can grab him like a catfish so he doesn't sting me.lol

I definitely wouldn't use a net. The spines will get caught in the netting and more harm would be done to the fish than necessary.

Well, Good Luck anyways Jimmy.

I have one of those clear plastic containers that they sell just for transporting fish ,I'll use that.

Back