What is this growing in my tank

srezack

Non-member
Hello I have no idea what these are. They almost look like anenome but they are growing in 3 different areas in my tank now. We went on vacation for 10 days and how we have like 8 of these in our tank now

Ok for some reason I can't seem to upload a photo

Resize the image to 800 wide x 600 tall (or smaller) and less than 150K.

Look up majano or aptasia on Google Images and see if those look like what you have.

The first image that came up of the aptasia is exactly what they are. The wife said they were there 2-3 weeks prior to us leaving but she thought they were baby anenomes. I see them today and they are bigger.

Joes juice works awesome just use the plastic syringe and squirt a bunch of it on each one that you can

Ok so it won't hurt anything else??? I called petco and stuff and nobody has that stuff so
I guess I have to order online

Ok so it won't hurt anything else??? I called petco and stuff and nobody has that stuff so
I guess I have to order online

Not sure where you are located but I have a bottle of Aptasia-X, still 90-95% full, that I'm selling for $10 (originally $13 from Amazon).

You could pick it up in Charlton (nights/weekends) or Northborough (9-5 M-F).

Let me know.

Where are ya from? U can even make a paste out of kalkwasser and use that. Still need some type of syringe tho
It won't hurt anything just make sure your not squirting it all over your tank it only goes on each aptasia/majanio
Most of our sponsors carry joes juice or aptasia x it's pretty much the same

Turn off the flow in the tank before you treat . wait about 20 minutes syphon it out and turn flow back on . you don't want that stuff getting on corals or nems , thogh a nem could probably take it but it would hurt it some

Back