What's eating my green star polyps?

phatbob

Non-member
I got these GSP about 2 weeks ago, and just yesterday I noticed something has been munching on them. Some critter built this little white tube, and as you can see, has been coming out and munching a trail through the polyps. Haven't yet caught a glimpse of what's living in there. Any ideas what it might be? Regardless, I plan to evict the critter ASAP.

Attachments

• Polyps.JPG
    Polyps.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 882
I bet there's alot of people in this club that would LOVE a GSP eating critter! :D

So I pulled my polyp rock out last night and scraped that litte white tube off with a knife and flushed it. When I scraped it off, everything was too mushy to tell if I got the critter out with it. Well sure enough, this morning the little tube was rebuilt and more of my polyps were eaten. Do you think I should try some kind of dip to get rid of this thing? My other thought was to seal up the little crack where I think he's hiding with superglue.

Grrrrrrr......I did a betadine dip about two weeks ago, and there had been no sign of this critter since. Then all of a sudden it reappeared this past weekend and is plowing a new path through my polyps. Might have to try it again with a stronger dose. My polyps didn't seem to be bothered by it in the least.

don't asterina eat it? my gsp slowly disappeared over a few months, and I have tons of asterina stars. Any correlation?

I'm telling you, if you inject some kalk paste into it's lair, the problem will go away

don't asterina eat it? my gsp slowly disappeared over a few months, and I have tons of asterina stars. Any correlation?

Since it reappared, I've actually spotted the critter when looking in the tank after lights out. It's definitely some kind of worm. I tried to snag it with tweezers last night, but it retracted too quickly.

I'm telling you, if you inject some kalk paste into it's lair, the problem will go away

Only problem with this is that I can't find the hole it's going into now. It just seems to magically disappear under the rock somewhere. If I can find the hole, I'll stick it to him!

Back