what've happened to my toadstool

vng

Non-member
For 3 days it's looking unhealthy. Is this normal? Nothing added in the tank. do 10 weekly water changes. water par:
Ca 410
alk 3.89
KH 10.9
PH 8.05
Nitrire 0
Nitrate 0
Ammonia 0

Attachments

• toadstool.jpg
    toadstool.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 189
That doesn't look good. Is it still solid? See if alot of dead tissue falls off when you move water by it with a turkey baster or your hand or some thing. If this is the case, I've had luck putting some water from the tank in a bucket and washing the dead tissue off. You don't want all that dead stuff in your tank if it is in fact dying........

As you can see from the pic nothing near it except the green zoo. Now my clown fish is homeless.

Is it possible it didn't like being a host for your clown? Some corals can't deal with the stress of being rubbed and rolled on like clowns like to do. Just an idea.

vng said:
As you can see from the pic nothing near it except the green zoo. Now my clown fish is homeless.

IME, i've never had a toad stool that would put up with a clown fish nipping at it and swimming in and out of constantly. I know some people have had success with this, but I never have. You are much better off using a BTA for your clown host, depending on your lighting and water quality of course......

Back