Where do you get your glass baffles cut?

higorc

Call me IGOR :)
I need some 1/4 inch glass baffles cut for a custom built sump I will be making. Last time I got it from http://www.glassandmirror.us/.

Just wondering if anybody recommends any other glass shops around Boston. Glass and Mirror did a good job, but I had to wait more than a week for it.

Thanks guys
Higor

A week............wow.
My local did it that day.
Spencer is quite the distance though for you.
Bust out the good ole' Yellow Pages , if anyone still has them lol.

Does ACE Hardware cut glass?

I believe I remember hearing that somewhere in past.

A week............wow.
My local did it that day.
Spencer is quite the distance though for you.
Bust out the good ole' Yellow Pages , if anyone still has them lol.

I know. I thought it was a long time too. I was hoping someone would recomend somewhere. I don't like "trying out" a new place unless I have to.

Thanks
Higor

I need some 1/4 inch glass baffles cut for a custom built sump I will be making. Last time I got it from http://www.glassandmirror.us/.

Just wondering if anybody recommends any other glass shops around Boston. Glass and Mirror did a good job, but I had to wait more than a week for it.

Thanks guys
Higor
I know you are in Malden, but Halifax glass in MA does an excelent job.

Thanks guys
Higor

Im in the same boat as you. Looking to have 1/4" panels cut for a 20 gallon sump. I am planning on calling Woburn Glass, and see if they can help. Their website says they sell pane glass and mirror, etc, so it maybe worth a try.

Last edited:
I got mine at Ace in Hanover. They had two thicknesses, the thicker of the two I want to say is 3/16th's. Worked beautifully in my 20l sump. 4 panels cost me about $18.

Just called Woburn Glass. They do make it. It would take 2 to 4 days for it to be ready. I just emailed them as well for a quote.

Thanks
Higor

They should. I asked for that in the quote as well. Glass and Mirror in Somerville did a very nice polishing job on them for me when I got it last time. I have also requested a quote from the.

I will let you know who's cheapest and has the fastest turn-around-time.

I had Lowes cut me 3 baffles the last time I built a sump...glass in stock and cut it in front of me while I waited. Turned out great...

So sad.....

I'm only 27 but I remember growing up life was much different any old neighborhood family owned family run hardware store would do it with a smile same day.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I had Lowes cut me 3 baffles the last time I built a sump...glass in stock and cut it in front of me while I waited. Turned out great...

I've had Lowe's cut the baffles for the last two sumps I've built. I ran emery clothe over the edge to smooth them out. The only glass they carry is 3/32" It hasn't broken the years I've had these sumps but I've been careful cause I know it's rather thin.

Wrassefan... What size glass did the have in stock? My local lowes doesn't have 1/4" They had 3/16" (I believe) and cut it on the spot, but it ended up being to thin and I had baffles brake in the past.

Wrassefan... What size glass did the have in stock? My local lowes doesn't have 1/4" They had 3/16" (I believe) and cut it on the spot, but it ended up being to thin and I had baffles brake in the past.

I seriously wouldn't even try with anything thinner than 1/4". Just not worth the chance...

I'm still waiting on the quote. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I will call them again.

Higor's EVO 3D

Yea, i just had a baffle bust on me,it was lowes glass.

I'm upgrading tanks, and have been putting off the sump rebuild until I upgrade the tank

Back