Who thinks Rob should shut up?

Should the subject of how MACNA was handled be dropped?

• Yes, please drop it completely, its irrelevant to the future of the BRS

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Yes, I really want to know but not here on the internet, save it for a meeting

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • No, as a BRS member I have a right to know, keep the posts coming.

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
OK then . . . since there are some who want to know and some who dont.

If the poll tells me to shut up I will.

I wouldn`t say shut up,but take it to the next meeting and you can state your side of the story to everyone.

The reason I would like all of the people with the info to share with each other is to make this a learning experience for next time we have something big like this going on. Not nessessarily infront of everyone, but I do enjoy hearing the gossip. Almost along the lines of why the news only shows the bad stuff going on in the world.

Why save it for the meeting. I would rather read it, than hear it. At least, on the internet, I can take a break and click on something else. In a meeting, we will be a captive audience. What is the plan for the next meeting? Is it going to be a 2 hour argument and finger pointing session? If so, I'll save myself a 4 hour ride (round trip). Another advantage of the internet is that you can say what you need to without interuption. You can also rant with complete abandon, say things you'll regret and the edit them out before you click the post button.

Since February, I have been a proud member of this club, and I remain so. I find it an excellent resource for information and a great way to share the pleasure of the hobby with like-minded people. BRS has really enhanced my reefing experience. I look forward to the day when we put all this turmoil behind us and move forward.

Last edited:
Marvin's sig says, Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall. Let's rise.

Come on guys, macna WAS a great time! The hotel was full of reefers. The displays looked great, the vendors were a pleasure to speak with, they handed out freebie after freebie, the speakers were awesome...many more to chose from than any other macna. The only issue stems from a disagreement between a few people. BOTH sides are at fault, not just Ron and Rob. Ron and Rob just happened to have a disagreement with some people who can be very boisterous (sp) and have a forum where there oppions can run un-checked. Again let's face it, the RC staff would have closed those threads in a second had the tides been turned against them and not BRS, Ron and Rob. We've all seen it, RC should not do this or that and bang the thread is closed or the poster looses post priviledges. I'm not trying to make this out as BRS vs. the world and I absolutely enjoy RC. The disagreement put a stain on what would have been known as a great macna, our response to the issue was childish, this is a time when we need to stick together, tighten up any loose ends in the club and listen, no, HEAR the message in Marvin's signature.

My appologies to the guys over at RC. I didn't mean to make that post sound quite the way it came out. :eek:

Darren

Back