Wife approved upgrade arrives!

thomb

thomb
Came home from the Dr's office to find this in the driveway ::
2012-03-14144702.jpg

It was time to upgrade the craigslist special 75g to this
2012-03-14172504.jpg

It's a System 160 - 145g

There was a lots of work to get to this point. And lots more work to do...

Here's where the tank will go. This is the second time the room has looked like this - but that's a long story - this is the condensed version given this is not a home improvement forum :)
Demo...
worldsMCWall002.jpg

Progress...
NewReefHomeAndOffice006.jpg

Done!
2012-03-14184227.jpg

Last edited:
Today's progress stops at opening a few boxes. Still need to figure out the logistics for the heavy bits.
PS2000 skimmer
2012-03-14174645.jpg

Sump
2012-03-14174718.jpg

Sssssssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you got all of that done in one day?!?!?! Lol. Looks like a sweet setup! Congrats and good luck!

nice....little money sunk right there...see what a cheap craigslist deal turns into!!!!

Funny because thats how I got into this hobby! $100 and a 26 gallon bow with 2 clowns later...I've got who knows how much sunk into livestock, 130 gallons of total water volume, 3 tanks, and a plan to upgrade AGAIN when we find our new house in the next year or so...

Anyways, back to the thread. Great looking upgrade! The Elos products are amazing pieces of art

Amen skeeter. It allways starts with a nano, and a couple clowns........

That upgrade is going to be nice! Go slow and do Everything right. No future regrets etc. following along......

wow thats awesome ill be there soon enough im not sure if thats a good or bad thing

Oh! Boy! I like what you have got done to the wall... can you elaborate on it?
Oh! and I hope there's going to be a build thread.

Thanks all! Yes, the addition does tend to feed itself, I am just glad that my wife shares the same sickness!

As for the wall/room - no that was not done in a day :) we DIY'd it, and it was more like 3 months.
The idea was to have the stand as flush as possible with the wall the large square area allows a recess for 2 MP40's on the back glass.
Here's a better construction picture - there are lots of those where that came from...
worldsMCWall088.jpg

The PVC pipes in the wall... Well I sort of out thunk myself, the idea is was route the cords for the lights and the MP40's so you don't see them.
The lights will work well. The MP40's are hardwired into their controller (UGH) so those are pipes to nowhere

And for certain I'll continue this thread for the build - I guess it's more of an assembly thread :)

Main challenge now is getting it inside the house. I am more than a bit nervous about it.

The Elos stuff is top notch, so far only really opened up the skimmer box - I'll almost hate to see skimmate in that thing, it's a piece of polished beauty.

What it looked like the first time we renovated the room
BlackwellResidenceDiningRoom.jpg

This is the ceiling above the tank to get an idea of the weirdness of the room we're dealing with.
worldsMCWall005.jpg

I put plywood under the drywall so I don't have to play hunt-a-stud when hanging the lights.

Well, two men with suction cup movers are not enough for this beast - at least not two uninsured men anyway. Will be soliciting professional help tomorrow.

Update:
Incase anyone needs to know, Elos stands are closed in the back except for a 2" strip at the top of the stand. So the worlds most complex wall became even more so. I overthink but seem to forget to ask the right questions (GRRR).
Anyway, the stand is leveled (even though this picture looks seriously off kilter - quick cell phone shot).

2012-03-19084322.jpg

Now just need to get the strongmen back and up goes the tank!
I'll take better photos of the setup then.

Oh, and don't try to level a stand the day after St. Patricks day. It will not go well.
The above progress happened at 7am today.

Back