Wooo Hoooo!!!!!

Piscevore

elsewhere
I cannot even begin to describe my excitement!
I just finished making up a gallon or two of RO water to top off my tank, before I went to bed.

I happened to look in the tank, and i noticed my anemone had something in it...upon closer examination, my female clown is HOSTING in my green BTA!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!
I have had this clown pair for nearly a year now, always with 1-2 various anemone in the tank...and never anything. I posted pictures of anemone/fish pairs on the side of the tank, tried chasing it into the anemone, placing food only in the anemone, all kinds of goofy stuff. Finally I just gave up, and figured I had broken clown fish. Now, I can see her goofing all around in the thing,taking a nap ;)

This is probably the coolest thing I've experienced in my year of being a coral farmer. Just thought I'd share.

"broken clown fish"
LOL too funny

Congrats again!!!
I think clowns hosting is the most amazing thing to watch. I could watch mine for hours, playing in their BTAs

It took my pair almost a year to host in the Rbta, I remember feeling just as excited as you are. It took about anohjter 6 mths and they started spawning and still spawn every two weeks. Congrats

I lucked out with my pair of clowns. I had the green BTA for about 2 weeks and bought the pair of clowns. The female immediately hosted in the BTA. The male seemed to be quite left out, so I got another BTA at work this week and he immediately hosted in that one....guess I'm lucky! :) It's so cool to watch them...

Congratulations Ryan!! I was so happy when my clowns FINALLY hosted in my RBTA. Like you, I gave up on them. Then one day, voila!

Congrads Ryan,
i know the feeling. Man the first time i saw mine hosting in the anemone i took about a hundred pictures!

I'm trying to get my clowns to do the same. I am looking for a little nori clip or plastic figure of Nemo. I was told if I put that near the anemone, that the clowns may get tee-d off and attempt to move into the BTA before the "intruder" did. What do you think? Does that seem like a plan?

Congrats Ryan

Ryan, I am in the "I give up stage" with my clowns! They host everything BUT the BTA!
Congratulations!

Back