Coraline algae growth already!!! Wooo Hoo!!

Reefless me

Knucklehead
I was blown away this morning. I was doing my morning poking around with the tank, I was cleaning some green algae off of the glass and I happened to notice a spot of purple coraline algae growing on the oveflow's skimmer box, about a quarter inch round. I kind of shocked over the fact that it was a real battle to get this system going.

I definitely went through hell setting this one up. After filling it and having the the bottom panel crack from front to back.With every thing in tubs wit a power head and a heater for 4 days.

Then there was the algal bloom from hell with a bryopsis leading the charge along with cyano and brown slime. All of it gone except a small patch of brown filamentous algae. Its been running since January 16th, and the coraline is already growing on my equiopment. It's definitely a milestone for me.

Thank you to everyone whose helped me along the way. This is the picture of my newst elegans coral.

AF1QipMUIjiI1NVmFBQJyUka_jReFRQp2iLua4eZDFfS

This is from the end of January. I sold off most ot thge soft corals in favor of LPS and SPS

AF1QipO7dcl9sZBYT7lIgEylan81jqgJmeP-t-7nXE1Q

I really don't know how to get pictures to post. Could some steer me to a link that explains how to post pics for a moron LOl

A. 1. Put your picture on an online hosting service (photobucket, flickr, ect.)
2. Click the image you want to post
3. Find the link that says share(bottom rt photobucket) or the little curved arrow (bottom rt flickr)
4a. photobucket... click get link then img. Copy the text under IMG
4b. Flickr.... click the bbcode link select size then copy the text in the box.
5. Come back and paste in reply box where you want the img.

B. 1. Get image on hosting site like photobucket or flickr.
2.open image in another browser tab (pc. Rt click image and select view image)copy the url.
3. Come back to brs. Click the image button above in quick reply on this web site.
4. Click the from url tab (from computer won't usually work. Unless it's very small)
5.paste your link in the provided box.
6. Uncheck the tab that reads "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
7. Then click ok.

Well at first but once you've used photo bucket or flickr for a while it takes about 10 seconds

Back