Worms ???

Ok sounds good..I am not going to this meeting but the next one might be great. I can hook you up there :)

_Eric_ said:
OK, I dont want to argue with you...If you think they are terebellid worms thats ok with me.
Check this out now...(Not because they used my picture but as an example.)You know that pink spongy thing is a picture of a piece of food that I fed it so it would stretch out for me to take the picture right
http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=163864

Hmmm, well, I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just trying to understand. I very much appreciate the continued discussion.

I was pretty confident of my ID, and even more confident after the earlier link you posted. Reading that article, how do you reconcile the text with your picture and ID as a cirratulid worm? It has many feeding tentacles which matches the description of the terebellid worm, not the two or none of the cirratulid. And I have some that are definitely bigger than 1/16" in diameter. And many other things in the text match the terebellid and not the cirratulid.

I guess I'm wrong about the gills, as its your pic and you say the pink spongy stuff is food. The things you identify as gills in your picture though don't look much like gills to me, but that's in no way an informed judgement.

I will admit that there are a couple of things in the text of your original article that are somewhat at odds with the terebellid ID, but they are minor compared to the many things that are way off with the cirratulid ID. Your newer link does seem to contradict the earlier link substantially though, and makes me wonder if indeed you and it are right and I and the earlier link are wrong. ???

I really hope you don't just shrug this off and think I'm an idiot trying to argue with you. Seriously, I just want to understand. I was pretty convinced about my ID, but I'd be very happy to be convinced of your ID, as that would mean I learned something.

Anyone else have anything here? I guess I may do some hunting around again.

--cn

all your pix don't look anthing like what I have in my tank.It looks just like a minature night crawler. Straight and thin,no apendages of any kind.

Back