Wrasse Help

charged45

Non-member
Hello,
Mu adult Bipartus wrasse injured his mouth. I've had him over 5 years not sure what could have happened. He's not eating but swimming around normally. Anything I can do?

TY

Picture would help determine how bad the injury is. Maybe smaller foods like rotifers or roe would be easy enough for him to eat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pic

Attachments

• fish pic.jpg
    fish pic.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 156
This seems to be common with wrasses and often happens out of nowhere. You're lucky it doesn't have a spinal injury and seems to be just a mouth injury. Obviously keep an eye out for lethargy and weird swimming. If you see that, it's almost certain it will starve to death.

I don't really think you can do anything that wouldn't cause more harm than good. I think the only advice I've ever seen is QT with Epsom Salts added to the water. Removal would probably be worse than nothing, especially since the Epsom Salt treatment seems to have a success rate of precisely zero.

I just noticed a bump on the side of his face. He must have dove into something w/speed.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 155
Not sure. My other fish are all fine. Have had the wrasse over 5 years. Haven't added anything new. Not sure how he would get a fungus at this point.

Back