Wtf Happened!

jdeb101

Non-member
So I just got home and look in my tank and see a nassarius snail,cleaner shrimp and bristleworms chowing on something. I shine a light in the tank and Im almost positive they're eating my Springeri Dottyback!!!! All I can see left is a blue thing which Im guessing is my fish's head because he was the only thing blue ever in my tank. :( Im so upset right now. I dont know what happened. Does anyone know of shrimp or worms killing fish? I wasnt home all day so I cant say what happened. Im praying it wasnt him but Im almost positve. This sux. Just when I was starting to really enjoy my tank and get some livestock in it this happens. :(

Bummer! Hey, death is just part of life - especially noticeable in this hobby. Don't let it deter you to much.

The fish probably died from something else and the shrimp and snails were just making a meal out of it.

Your lost sucks for sure and sorry to say but it's part of this hobby/life. Shrimps and snails, in this hobby, we call them "clean up crew" - hope this help.

Test the water and then follow it with a water change.Do you have something in their that would stress it out?The inverts were only doing their job thats what they are supposed to do.You just might never find out why the fish died it happens and it does suck.

Call forensics, have them do an autopsy:D . Atleast you know your "cleaner crew" are doing their job:), sorry for your loss:( .

Ya...just sux. I got that fish just last weekend, and you hardly ever see them in the LFS. I think I may have injured him when I redid my rockwork two days ago. He did have a little white mark after I did the rocks. (not ick but more of a scrape/cut). I did a water change just two days ago also, but I will test my water in a few.

Newly acquired fish are tend to be pretty sensitive. Until they've settled in, you never know how they will do long term.

Back