Yellow/Brown Foam

BUDDYJEFF

Non-member
There Appears To Be A Yellowish Brown Foam Area Where My Protein Skimmer Is, Any Ideas?? Also, All Levels Are Fine But Lost A Longnose Butterfly Yesterday And Know My Koran Angels Color Looks Faint.

How long have you had the fish ? Did it look health in the last couple of days ? Are you sure all your levels are good ?

9o gallon, 5 months old, other fish salfintang, royal gramma, copper butterfly, purple tang, pair of clowns and clean up crew. some look as if there color is a little off..corallife skimmer

sorry and a Koran Angel, which is the one that color looks most off. i got him on Thursday along with the purple tang

Sounds like a little bit of a heavy load to me for a 90, & a 90 thats only 5 months old? Korans can get pretty large IMO.

Sounds like the skimmer can't handle the bioload and it is a bit overstocked. The purple tank could also be bullying the other fish.

5x2x2 is a 150g. A 120 is 4x2x2. The 6foot tank would be better for the tang, angel, butterfly because they will have more space to swim, as in being able to get up to a faster speed.

fish seem to b doing okay, I cleaned the sponge on the skimmer and it seems to be a little better. thanks for asking

Back