Zoanthids & Palythoas

pallobi

Neal
This is my collection. I will post more photos of my collection as I get better photos, and as my collection grows. All photos unedited & taken with my iPhone 4. I do use filter gels however, when needed, while taking photos, to combat the blue washed look. Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
Those last ones are awesome looking. Any idea what they are?

What are filter gels for the camera?

I'm not sure what they are exactly, though they are similiar to the "alpha & omega" morph.

Filter "gels" are new to me. I saw a thread somewhere and someone sold me some after posting their results. It's basically an orange translucent sheet you hold in front of the lense, and it somehow takes the washed out blue away from the pic. Meanwhile, capturing what the human eye actually sees. It's pretty cool.

You buy the gels from Mike? I have them as well and they don't doctor the picture, just removes the blue wash which as you said shows the true color.

Very nice zoas - your phone does a nice job of capturing the colors!

What are these gels you speak of :confused:

I honestly don't know. Just saw a thread somewhere from this one dude, and asked him to mail/sell me some. Mine are just small pieces of orange shaded translucent "plastic like" paper that I hold over the lense.

Back