Zoanthids & Palythoas

Not the most popular morph, but with the one above, my collection needed some green, lol. And as green is one of my favorite colors, I added a nice small colony of these as well ;)

I am changing my lighting over to AI hydras that I ordered today, along with the new soft touch controller :)

I'll have them next week, looking forward to my new toy.

Tired off t5's and tryin to get the spectrum I want and buying bulbs and more bulbs.

Still doing the totem pole stacking of the corals? Not fond of it but you must like it and it's very original. Are the corals expanding over the edges of the squares and fusing together?

Still doing the totem pole stacking of the corals? Not fond of it but you must like it and it's very original. Are the corals expanding over the edges of the squares and fusing together?

A lot of people aren't fond of it, lol.

But a whole lot of folks are ;)

I only have a couple that have grown to the point where they are working their way down the tiles yet, but I have plenty that are growing. Im up to like 40 different morphs in my collection now, thoug I know a few will melt here and there, it's just the way it goes. But I'm not looking for fast growth, that's not that important. Growth will come. I really just wana be different and display them in a unique way. Have the ones I do keep look good and healthy, whether it be a particular morph with only one or two polyps, or another colony with hundreds. Should I be that lucky this time around, lol. I've grown some of the nicest colonies I've seen of certain zoas in the past, IMO, if any of you have followed my past threads and systems usin these types of tiles.

I'm makin a few modifications in the next couple weeks like adding the LEDs, reducing the number of fish in this particular system (setting up a 75g fish and invert/anenome tank now), and I am also gonna raise the base of the tiles as a whole so it looks a little more like one whole formation. I am curing more tiles now for this coming change.

The tiles are labeled "Chairo" on the package. An all natural, tumbled rock tile with no coatings or anything added. In time they color up and colonize bacteria just as the "live rock" we all use. Not to mention make a great place for pods, etc, to breed and colonize.

Not my deal but very unique. I appreciate your creativity not to just do the norm and step outside of the box.

Not my deal but very unique. I appreciate your creativity not to just do the norm and step outside of the box.

thank you. thats really all i am going for. well, aside from growing an awesome polyp collection ;)

only time will tell if i get the results i want, but everything im doing for this system is for the polyps and their display, nothing else.

On the comment of fish above, I combined systems. I have a 75g display, 20g polyp grow out/frag tank, a 20g refugium, and 20g sump, with a 20g ATO resorvoir. I have a purple tang, yellow coris wrasse, and an orange spotted diamond goby.

And a new pic or two :)

Some cool looking zoas! Have any of them started to grow down the columns yet?

Back