Need Suggestions

Sherri

Non-member
I bought a 1262 eheim which does roughly 900 GPH to feed my skimmer, BRS Carbon/GFO reactor and calcium reactor. Most of the flow needs to go to the skimmer which is currently supplied by a mag 5, the other two get supplied by maxijets - 1200 I think. So I have looked at manifolds but I don't see one that will do the trick without a lot of add on plumbing. Should I just plumb a series of gate/ball valves with the skimmer being first in line off of the pump? Ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

Wow -- no ideas? Well, as I played with stuff last night I discovered that the eheim really is not enoough GPH -- duh. The skimmer requires 500 and each of the reactors 300 and that equals 1100 GPH. I don't really know why I bought it as I have several spare pumps -- my gen x 55 does 1140 gph with 1 inch inlet and outlets so I can use that. Then I decided to use a T coming off of the outlet of the pump and one side would feed the skimmer which has a gate valve on the inlet. The other side of the T would get an elbow and another 1" by 1/2" T which would then feed both reactors. I cannot decide if I need two individual gate valves or just one -- probably 2. SO that is what I am thinking about doing. Any reactions?

Back