Perfecto corner overflow

Update

I got the tank drilled lastweek. Lastnight i got around to finishing the plumbing ad siliconing the overflows in. Here are some pics

Attachments

• SAM_0032.jpg
    SAM_0032.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 528
  • SAM_0033.jpg
    SAM_0033.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 287
  • SAM_0037.jpg
    SAM_0037.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 304
  • SAM_0038.jpg
    SAM_0038.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 698
Looks fantastic.

One suggestion though, Lower the tops of the durosos so that they aren't higher than the water line in the tank itself. That way if the drain slows slightly (which it will as it gets fouled by algae and whatnot), the level in the boxs will rise then cover the cap blocking the air hole. When that happens the drains will begin nosily flushing. This will both alert you to the problem, AND prevent a flood.

If you don't want to shorten the durosos too much, you can replace the "caps" with "plugs" that will sit almost flush on the top of the T fittings.

Thanks for the tip. I will change that. I read that you should go 1 pipe size bigger than your bulkhead. I went with 1 1/4 pipe inside the overflow. Do i need to continue using 1 1/4 outside the tank as well or can i go back down to 1"

Jays Aquatics in Salem NH has some tanks with some sexy corner overflows. Big grates on the bottoms. I was in there today but it was to busy to ask about them.

It doesn't hurt to up size to 1.25", but you don't have to.

How much flow are you going to have going through the display?

Back