Perfecto vs. AGA

fanaglethebagle

Not-so-old Sea Dog
I am trying to buy a new 180 gallon tank and I have two options. The Perfecto tank is a decent price and the AGA is more expensive. Is the AGA tank a better quality? Does anyone have experience with both tanks and can compare? TIA.

Donal - I mean Nagle,

I currentlly have a Perfecto 150 and am very happy w/ it, seems well constructed and clean lines. The overflow is good, it was manufactured 6/06.

Before I had a AGA 72 bow and it seemed fine as well, togh to compare the two as they are just different beasts.

Good Luck.

THe overflow kits for aga are nicer, but the overflow box themselves in the perfecto are nice in that there is a removable piece to get at the inner channel should you drop something in there or need to clean algae buildup.

When I compared a perfecto and an AGA 55, the AGA tank seemed more solid.

I ended up with 2 AGA tanks....72 and 92......

Never owned a Perfecto but between F/W, and S/W I have had a bunch of AGA and never had one issue.

FWIW fanagle allglass owns oceanic and i'm in the market for a 120, I checked out a tech tank in person and it had over 1/8 deflection from top to bottom, If thats AG's idea of quality control on they're highline product I'll pass, I may be going the perfecto route.

On another note the 65AG I recently bought had a balck silicone smudge on the front panel and the silicone cleanup job on the outside edges was less than desirable. If i scrape it off that voids whatever warranty i have..........

Not that this is the subject but my megaflow sump is coming apart on the inner baffle seams, the water level is halfway between the full/empty sticker they slap on it. Quite possibly the cruddiest sump i've ever used. QC is out the window IMHO.

Last edited:
Back