February 2012 "Member's Choice" meeting with Jake Adams!!!

Choose Jake's presentation topic!!!

• Water flow/Gyre Movement

Votes: 53 57.0%
  • LED presentation

Votes: 40 43.0%

• Total voters
Food is usually pizza, and its a buck or two per slice. Adult beverages are usually available at the bar in the place we are having our meeting, the club itself has nothing to do with that. Raffle tickets also fluctuate, but I'd say bring at least $20 for extra tickets. Now seeing that rodi unit, actually only bring $5, cause I'm gonna throw $50 at it!

And yes, its nice to be able to make it for the end. I really would like to listen to Jake about water movement, as I'm sure my tank doesnt have enough. Hopefully I'll get the cliff-notes version of it!

Jordan

I only bought $5 worth of tickets for the last RODI unit. ;) Beginner's luck I guess.

ARG I hate being at work still...running for the door at 2 and will be there ASAP

I also love meeting days, its kinda odd

What a GREAT meeting, So many new faces.... Who came home and moved their power heads ( not power heads, propellers??? Not sure if that is the right name) But I did.

Great meeting! Amazing turn out. Learned a lot about flow from Jake so I will be moving all of my propellers tonight. RODI went to a newer member.

What's the scoop, where and why are we moving our "propellers"? I so wanted to be there for that presentation too.

OH Pat you should have made the meeting. Instead of having 2 pointing at each other, have them on the same side??? Kind of. hopefully someone else will chime in.

ok my question since i couldnt make it was who went home with the RODI

$30.00 in raffle tickets and it was not I.

I will more than likely swap mine tomorrow or Monday. Too tired after getting up at 5am to handle some club business and go to the meeting.

I just got home at 7:10pm after dropping off Chris (Turbosnail).

I am surprised I did not get into an accident on the way home. I Kept thinking about Paul's tank (reefkeeper2) all the way home, plus the wind shear. My phone going dead and not hearing from my son who landed in S. Korea 7pm our time yesterday.

Sitting down and having my dinner and doing nothing for the rest of the evening. Not true, I will be dwelling on Paul's tank most of the night.

And yes, great meeting with many new faces and tons of questions answered.

Last edited:
Great turnout today. Jake adams has a wealth of knowledge and put on a great speech. Didn't win anything in the raffle but maybe next time!

yea even though I made it late and only got to talk to jake for a minute, can someone who was there for the entire talk put up a synopsis of what he was trying to convey for those of us that didn't make it!

Back