Fish Goo - February 2012 Meeting

Nobody here is gonna drink alone lol. I call Crown Royal.

So all thats left is random LFS bought foods basically? I have like $5-10 spare I can put in to buy something at the market...

I just want some gooooooo lol even tho all I have is a tailspot blenny, a cleaner shrimp, and a few corals. But hey imagine how long that'd last for food in a 5g?

Updated list:

Clams (Canned w/juice) or fresh --------------------------------ry783
Shrimp (peeled) -----------------------------------------------Mr.Rodrigo502, Owen386
Scallops ---------------------------------------------------fred11
Mussels
Color Enhancing Flake Food ----------------------------------Still have some left over
Granulated Fish Food --------------------------------------Still have some left over
Selcon
Vitamin C -------------------------------------------------Still have some left over
Castor Oil -------------------------------------------------Still have some left over
Reef Vitamin and Mineral Suppliment ------------------------Still have some left over
Garlic -----------------------------------------------------Still have some left pver
Basic Liquid Filter Feeder Food
Dried Plankton suppliment
Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs ------------------------------NewReefer4
Nori ------------------------------------------------------Still have some left over
Mysis Shrimp ------------------------------------------------RoyMurph
Rotifer Pearls
Frozen Brine Shrimp -----------------------------------------turbosnail, NewReefer4
cyclopeeze
cod liver oil -------------------------------------------------Still have some left over
Tobiko -----------------------------------------------------Anthony (jamesdong009)
Mixed Seafood ----------------------------------------------Anthony (jamesdong009)
Squid -------------------------------------------------------vp6799
Kent marine zoa
Dry phytoplankton

Looks like we're off to a good start :D

Let's see if we can get some more meatier item which make up the bulk of the goo :)

sorry guys but i wont b able to make it and join the fun this time, but will go to the next meeting

Updated list:

Clams (Canned w/juice) or fresh --------------------------------ry783
Shrimp (peeled) -----------------------------------------------Mr.Rodrigo502, Owen386
Scallops
Mussels
Color Enhancing Flake Food ----------------------------------Still have some left over
Granulated Fish Food --------------------------------------Still have some left over
Selcon ------------------------------------------------------Elmafioso52988
Vitamin C -------------------------------------------------Still have some left over
Castor Oil -------------------------------------------------Still have some left over
Reef Vitamin and Mineral Suppliment ------------------------Still have some left over
Garlic -----------------------------------------------------Still have some left pver
Basic Liquid Filter Feeder Food
Dried Plankton suppliment
Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs ------------------------------NewReefer4
Nori ------------------------------------------------------Still have some left over
Mysis Shrimp ------------------------------------------------RoyMurph, Elmafioso52988
Rotifer Pearls
Frozen Brine Shrimp -----------------------------------------turbosnail, NewReefer4
cyclopeeze --------------------------------------------------JasonandRay
cod liver oil -------------------------------------------------Still have some left over
Tobiko -----------------------------------------------------Anthony (jamesdong009)
Mixed Seafood ----------------------------------------------Anthony (jamesdong009)
Squid -------------------------------------------------------vp6799
Kent marine zoa
Dry phytoplankton

Anyone else want to join in the fun and watch me taste some fish goo. Better yet, anyone want to taste it with me. I'm thinking maybe Jake Adams :p;)

I'm new, yes, but...I can't believe I'm the only one who doesn't' know what fish goo is. Is there an explanation?

Also, hope to make this my first meeting! Looking forward to meeting you - I'm Jeremy in Marlborough, just finished cycling my first nano reef. Have some past salt experience, but never corals.

I'm new, yes, but...I can't believe I'm the only one who doesn't' know what fish goo is. Is there an explanation?

Also, hope to make this my first meeting! Looking forward to meeting you - I'm Jeremy in Marlborough, just finished cycling my first nano reef. Have some past salt experience, but never corals.

We mix all this stuff up in a food processor and put it in zip locks then freeze it flat and feed it to our fish. They love it and it is good for them.

We mix all this stuff up in a food processor and put it in zip locks then freeze it flat and feed it to our fish. They love it and it is good for them.

Sounds like a blast, I'm in. What is most needed? I saw 'meatier' stuff mentioned, so I'm guessing maybe scallops?

I can bring that - how much and what to buy? I'm guessing raw from the deli counter?

Sounds like a blast, I'm in. What is most needed? I saw 'meatier' stuff mentioned, so I'm guessing maybe scallops?

I can bring that - how much and what to buy? I'm guessing raw from the deli counter?

Yes raw uncooked and the fresher the better. Welcome to the BRS!

I can tell you I picked up 3# of frozen squid the last time. I know someone wlse brought some, but I think it was not used due to it not having the ink sacks removed.

I need to back out of this since I won't be able to make the meeting. Just got called at work to be notified that I i'm forced to work 3-11 this weekend. So much for having the weekend off I guess.......

I don't know that I'll make it either. I have an order of corals being delivered fed-ex tomorrow, so I need to be around when they get there to sign for them and get them acclimated...

mark me down for filter feeder food. I have a big bottle of phyto-feast. I'll pour half the bottle into something and bring it with me.

NOTE** I will not be at the meeting until 3 or so. So if that is an issue, let me know.

Back