Search results

1. Sdeluca10

Help! Nitrates…

I’ve done 3 in the last 3-4 week up 20-30 gallons per chance. Siphoning the sand and everything. I’m afraid to put my tank into a cycle all over again. I agree with needing better testing but these strips can’t be off by THAT much can they??
  2. Sdeluca10

Help! Nitrates…

125 gallon tank 60 gallon sump purple, hippo, sailfin, powder brown tangs Also a foxface, firefish and a half dozen clowns. Have a reef octopus protein skinner rated for 250 gallons. After months of negligence, I was doing the bare minimum to keep the fish alive. Fish are all fat and happy. I...
  3. Sdeluca10

Hippo tang disease?

Just an update: I believe now, it was mostly battle wounds and stress. All the “ick” spots went away, the white spot on its side went away and the “scab” looking marks went away. He’s got what looks like a wounded tail from whipping another fish or something, but all seems to be returning to normal.
  4. Sdeluca10

Hippo tang disease?

My hippo tang suddenly showed up with, what I’m assuming is some kind of a disease. All other fish are fine. He’s swimming and eating fine. There’s a spot on one side of it that is about the size of a penny. And then on the other side he has these black scab looking dots. I’m also believe he...
  5. Sdeluca10

Shout out to fellow hobbyist

I just wanted to make a post here to say thank you to @Seapets for the clownfish. Earlier this year I got in contact with him as he was currently raising baby clownfish. I was looking for a half dozen of them. As they have been growing over the last 4 months he has been checking in often, and...
  6. Sdeluca10

2 part question

Idk what size tank you have, but if your just transferring it to a 20 gallon to treat it then why not do a big water change, use water from your tank in the 20 gallon, along with a rock or 2 from your sump, and you should be good to go. Then you don’t have to worry about adding bacteria, and...
  7. Sdeluca10

Live saltwater feeder fish ???

A damsel is a (what I would call) “tropical” fish. Sure they are food for any predators, however I’m talking about “bait fish” bait balls, huge schools of fish. Essentially silversides, but live. I can’t seem to find ghost shrimp regularly and I wouldn’t wanna use freshwater feeders, such as...
  8. Sdeluca10

Live saltwater feeder fish ???

I always wondered, Why are there no live saltwater feeder fish to purchase. For all the aggressive fish, groupers, lionfish, shark, ect. For freshwater you can go to the store and get feeder guppies, tuffies, all different size goldfish. The ocean is obviously loaded with baitfish. Why can’t...
  9. Sdeluca10

Baby white spotted bamboo shark

So I rescued a baby white spotted bamboo shark from my LFS. I have proper housing for it. I’m writing here to see if anyone has first hand experience with them. The first 3 days he was in my tank I was able to get him to eat frozen pieces of squid. Now I’m going on 3 days of him grabbing the...
  10. Sdeluca10

WTT: Reef Breeder Photon 32

I have 2 reef breeder photon 32 lights over a 6 foot tank. I get shadows from the two braces on the top of the tank. I’m not sure what kind of deal can be made, if any, but I’m looking into getting 3 smaller lights for the (left middle and right of the braces on top of the tank). I still have...
  11. Sdeluca10

Clownfish gone missing ‍♂️

Quick rundown: 150 gallon tank with 60 gallon sump. It’s a full reef, loaded with live rock 15+ corals, 6 rainbow anenomes that the clown bounce around in. The clowns were the first 2 fish I added to the tank when I started it. I do not have any carnivorous fish Hippo tang Sailfin tang Purple...
  12. Sdeluca10

Moonshiners?

I’ve seen multiple people mention moonshiners. I’m not familiar with it. Was wondering if someone could give me a quick run down if what exactly it is.
  13. Sdeluca10

Smallest tang

They grow so slow. I know someone that bought a small hippo tang and put it in his 40 gallon breeder. Had it for over 2 years before rehoming it.
  14. Sdeluca10

WTB Pair of clowns, or multiple baby clown if anyone is breeding them

Idk guess it depends on the deal. Not more than 5-6. It’s peaceful reef community. 7-8 anenomes, and none of them being occupied
  15. Sdeluca10

WTB Pair of clowns, or multiple baby clown if anyone is breeding them

I’m looking to add some clownfish to my tank. I had a pair, that were already paired up that I got from someone else. Had them for at lease 5 months and 1 went missing. My anenomes never get used by the clowns. I either wanna add a handful of baby clowns or add a mater pair (and I would rehome...
  16. Sdeluca10

Mirror mirror method for aggressive fish

I left it up for an over 3 days. I did redo MOST of the aqua scape. I monitored for a while when I removed the mirror and when I did I noticed so aggression however I noticed that the purple tang gained alot of confidence and now the aggression is mutual and their are working themselves out.
  17. Sdeluca10

Tried and true, there’s very minimal aggression from any of the fish towards the purple after only a few days. It’s crazy how well it works. I’ll do this any time I add any new fish.
  18. Sdeluca10

The purple is bigger or very close to the same size as the brown. Right now he’s shy’ed off to one corner. It stills eats every time I put food in the tank. It’s still moving around in the size that he’s currently “allowed”. I put the mirror up. I’ll see how it goes in the next day or so and...
  19. Sdeluca10

Has anyone every tried the mirror method on the tank when adding new fish to decrease aggression? I added a new tang (purple) to my tank today, I already have 3. For a half hour to an hour after I added it, it seemed to be doing just fine. It was right out in front of the tank. It ate with all...
Back