Search results

1. MarvinsReef

Seriously what is up with ESV?

Hey everyone does anyone know any more info when ESV will have B-ionic 2 part back in stock. In particular I am looking for the 8 gallon bucket product but they are out of all 2 parts at all vendors. I know they are in New York and such with COVID but if they have shutdown the facility I can...
  2. MarvinsReef

TLF Reborn Media stock

Does anyone know why most retailers show Two Little Fishies Reborn calcium reactor media out of stock? It seams as though it is the best media on the market based off other reefers opinions. Is it just because of high demand or is there some other issues with the distributor?
  3. MarvinsReef

RPM Reef Salt Specs

In case anyone is interested I am switching from reef crystals to RPM salt and tested my first 55 gallon batch @1.026 salinity and 78 degrees. The results using a Hanna tester was ALK=10.19 dkh and Calcium=434 ppm. Using a salifert kit the Magnesium=1485 ppm. I switched salts due to reef...
  4. MarvinsReef

Best way to reduce phosphates

Just wondering what is the best way to reduce phosphates in the reef aquarium. I have always used GFO but it gets used up quickly and it can be pricey. If I buy the 5 micron filter socks and dose Blue Life phosphate Rx instead in small doses is this safer and more economical. My phosphates on...
  5. MarvinsReef

Basement moisture

I was just curious how everyone with basement reef setups manage moisture in their basement from tank evaporation. My main tank is upstairs and all my plumbing is in the basement. I have about 200 gallons of water volume in the basement. I have 2 small basement hopper windows open to help...
  6. MarvinsReef

Magnesium??

Which Magnesium do you recommend. I have been using Kent Tech M for a while now because people say it has a undisclosed ingredient that Byropsis does not like. Whether this is true is debatable since i have heard that they changed their recipe at one time which removed this ingredient. I have...
  7. MarvinsReef

Phosphate removal

Has anyone had success with phosphate Rx made by Blue Life. I am using gfo which works ok but never really gets my levels where I want them. Also it is more expensive and labor intensive than adding some drops. Are there any drawbacks to the phosphate Rx? I here good things online just...
  8. MarvinsReef

Cyanobacteria issue

I need some help with a small outbreak of Cyanobacteria on my substrate only. I checked my levels and all is good aside from nitrates creaping up to 10-15 ppm but phosphates are low at 0.06 ppm. I thought it was because there was a dead zone in the tank because of flow but even though I moved...
  9. MarvinsReef

What Brand/Type Carbon to use in Reactor

Just wondering what everyone prefers for carbon. I hear there is activated and non activated carbon so which one do I want? I do not want to release any phosphates into the water by using a cheap or no name carbon but also do not want to break the bank. Let me know what you think.
  10. MarvinsReef

Ocean Revive LED

Does anyone use the ocean revive Arctic T-247 LED lights over their reef tank? Interested to know if you had good luck with them. What are he PROS and CONS. They seem like a descent price. I am aware they are not a ramping sunrise to sunset light already. Anyone check out PAR numbers with...
  11. MarvinsReef

Which brand Calcium Reactor?

What type/brand of calcium reactors are you reefers with large tanks running? My system is about 500 gallons and is currently a mixed reef but leaning towards more SPS with time. Of course i am looking for one of the most reliable affordable reactor out there.
  12. MarvinsReef

Reefbrite MH bulbs

Has anyone used the 250 watt dual arc Reefbrite MH bulbs in their reef tank with success?
  13. MarvinsReef

Reefbreeders Photon V2 or 250 watt metal halides?

What is every ones thought on switching from three 250 watt metal halides to two 48 inch Reefbreeder photon V2 leds on a predominantly SPS tank that is 8 feet long 36 inch deep and 24 inch wide. At this time most SPS are in the mid to upper region in the tank. Just not sure if the reefbreeder...
Back