Search results

1. jason401

Sea Hare - Share

Would anyone like to share a sea hare. Preferably in the Providence area. Maybe we can pass the guy around every few weeks or as needed? My water change reliability is pathetic and I don't want to get one that will die when it eats all the algae.
  2. jason401

June 14th Newburyport Elks Cookout/Poll

Hello everybody! We have a cookout scheduled for the 14th of June. This is a poll to see of what interest, attendance and choice of BBQ grillings. Please vote and post your thoughts below. Thnak you, Jason
  3. jason401

May BRS Meeting/Sutton Ma/Charles Mazel : The Function of Flourescence on the Reef

Saturday, May 16th Sutton, Charles Mazel discussing: The Function of Flourescence on the Reef Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members(family friendly environment) Time is Noon-4pm The location is: American Legion Post 414 158 Boston Rd. Sutton, Ma...
  4. jason401

Radion cleaning

Hey Radion guys, anybody take them apart and clean them? I clean the fan grille, but I have found some guys taking the, apart and cleaning 100% Here's a link And a video
  5. jason401

Reef Deal Ritteri Petco Attleboro $40

Saw this yesterday, it is all the way up top obviously starving for light. But it isn't bleached out..yet.. $40 is a steal
  6. jason401

Those of you supplementing LEDs w/t5

Couple questions for those using LEDs as main lights and t5's as supplement :confused: Which bulbs are you using and why. What's your led - t5 schedule. What Led fixture are you using.
  7. jason401

Bills proposed regarding Hawaii's Aquarium Fishery

Ret Talbot explains in depth here https://rettalbot.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/the-data-behind-defining-cruel-treatment-substantial-injury-in-aquarium-fisheries/ " it seems prudent to focus on what the data show, and the data appear to clearly support opposing HB 883" Thoughts? Discussion?
  8. jason401

New Forum Sponsor "Acro Garden"

Lets give a nice Boston Reefers welcome to our new Sponsor "Acro Garden" Thank you for sponsoring the Boston Reef Society Dong :applouse: Here is a link to the Acro Garden forums
  9. jason401

NMFS to list Banggai under ESA today

Here's Rets latest article http://rettalbot.wordpress.com/2014/12/15/nmfs-proposes-to-list-banggai-cardinalfish-under-endangered-species-act/ "habitat destruction and overutilization for commercial purposes (e.g., the aquarium trade) are the major threats to the species" Pathetic...
  10. jason401

New Sponsor Ultra Corals

Let's give a nice welcoming to our new forum sponsor Ultra Corals :applause: Thank you for supporting the Boston Reef Society :encouragement:
  11. jason401

New sponsor Aqua Dreams

Let's give a nice welcoming to our new Forum Sponsor, Aqua Dreams :applause: Thank you for supporting the Boston Reef Society :encouragement:
  12. jason401

2014/15 Official BRS Chalice Growout

A big THANK YOU to Arch from Love The Reef, for donating these awesome corals. :applouse: And THANK YOU everybody that attended the meeting and entered the contest. :loyal: As stated before, the members that were locked in the contest before the deadline must have been present at the...
  13. jason401

BRS Chalice Growout Competition

Ok guys and gals, at the upcoming November meeting we will be embarking on a new BRS Growout! This will be open to PAID members only, BUT....dont forget you can become a paid member at the meeting or ahead of time via paypal. Here's a quick rundown on how it works. A coral frag of the same...
  14. jason401

BRS Growout Champion

Its been a LONG race, and we have a winner! With excellent growth and persistant participation in the thread, I would like to announce bdaley as our latest 2014 Brs Growout Champion! Congratulations Brian :victorious: Check it out :) I would also like to Thank Greg from Underwater...
  15. jason401

OSRAS Blue Wave Frag Swap

BlueWave Frag Swap OSRAS BlueWave Frag Swap on September 13th Only $5.00 non-members and free for members to get in. 11:30-4 , food, raffle.. 70 Ship Street Providence RI Vendor list: frank180 Rick-Ocean Explorium -2 tables Marine Reef Habitat - 2 tables Art Solomon...
  16. jason401

New sponsor Aidens Coral Cove

Let's give a nice welcoming to our NEW "local" sponsor Aidens Coral Cave :w Their website is currently "under construction" Here's a link to their Facebook act http://facebook.com/aidenscoral Thank you for sponsoring the Boston Reef Society, Aidens Coral Cove :applouse:
  17. jason401

Reef Deal Reef Crystals

http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Aquarium-Salt-Mixes/I/Instant-Ocean-Reef-Crystals.aspx $37.99 200 gl box. free shipping after $49
  18. jason401

Cool video

Safe for work :) http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/stunning-time-altered-video-of-komodo-reef-life
  19. jason401

Bounce mushroom..!

Ran across these on the world wide inter web. Pretty awesome lookin, with a hefty price...whoa Any of you guys have some? Pics?
  20. jason401

June meeting striped bass fishing after party

A few of us are heading out fishing after the meeting. Join us if you'd like :-)
Back