BRS Chalice Growout Competition

jason401

Non-member
Ok guys and gals, at the upcoming November meeting we will be embarking on a new BRS Growout!

This will be open to PAID members only, BUT....dont forget you can become a paid member at the meeting or ahead of time via paypal.

Here's a quick rundown on how it works. A coral frag of the same species will be handed out (free), the coral frag with the most growth over a period of 4 months WINS! There will be a prize awarded to the winner.

And here are the RULES:

- Post your setup, your tank maintenance and treatment of incoming corals
- Take a photo of the frag within 7 days of acquiring it.( regardless of treatment administered and condition of the tank no Photoshop)
- Continue to monitor you system with bi-weekly or monthly photos of the coral and status updates and changes made to your system.
- At the end of the allotted time frame we will judge the best grow out and declare a winner. Time frame will be 4 months which will be around the March 2015 meeting.
- Prize is $50 GC to the sponsor of your choice.
- Lastly have fun that is what this is all about... Keep the banter fun and playful

PLEASE PM ME AND LIST YOUR NAMES BELOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT.

THERE IS A 25 PERSON LIMIT, FIRST 25 ON THE LIST MAKES IT.

ARCH FROM LOVE THE REEF WILL BE DONATING A CORAL COLONY TO BE FRAGGED! THE CORAL SPECIES AND PICS TO BE DISTRIBUTED WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT A LATER DATE! I WILL TELL YOU, IT'S A CHALICE COLONY

YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE MEETING TO RECEIVE AND COMPETE IN THE BRS GROWOUT CONTEST. YOU CAN BECOME A MEMBER THE DAY OF THE MEETING AND ENTER THE CONTEST. JUST LMK IN THE PM

Also, because this is a limited contest, if there are any backouts the day of the meeting, there will be a sign up sheet with first come first serve for last minute backouts.

If a member needs to back out ahead of time, please pm me and I will fill the slot with the next member in line.

Contestants

01. Jason
02. DBleite
03. Bdaley
04. dilligaf
05. Flame Angel
06. MrX
07. TurboSnail
08. nemodan
09. cstmpprl
10. higorc
11. gobywankenobie
12. 22engine
13. Jdmitch
14. Phinfan
15. Jamesdong009
16. Elmafsio
17. Technorch
18. Ba19Ma88
19. dannyp
20. skelly
21. molo41
22. mpsteve
23. toddhgr
24. Platehead
25. dmurb

Last edited:
lol I'm in if it's not too late. Haven't done one yet and sounds like a fun time.

Back