Search results

1. Docstach

Is 74 degrees too cold for a mixed reef tank?

Probably not idea, but when I had seahorses attached to my reef I keep it around 74-76. Everything stayed alive but not sure if growth was hindered.
  2. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

A couple of last pictures, will be mostly empty by Sunday. Untitled by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr Xenia Wall! Untitled by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr Untitled by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr Untitled by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr Untitled by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr Untitled by Matthew...
  3. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

Thanks all. I like having something different and I actually really liked having the divided tank. It allowed me to easily keep something different but also kept everything tied together and pretty simple. Of course most would say, just get a second tank but that is not allowed in my...
  4. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

I will be, Someone is coming by on Sunday to potentially buy all of the livestock at once. Depending on that outcome I will be putting up a large FS post. Thanks, Matt
  5. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

Love the way the BTA looks with pumps off Untitled Untitled Thanks, I know that is a lot of pics. Thought some of them turned out OK (for a phone).
  6. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

Top Down IMG_1270 IMG_1271 Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled LTA Eating Untitled
  7. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

Digi gone wild IMG_1282 IMG_1280 IMG_1279 IMG_1278 IMG_1277 IMG_1275 IMG_1274 My Rock tower and Goniopora IMG_1272
  8. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

IMG_1320 by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr IMG_1300 by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr IMG_1295 by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr IMG_1294 by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr IMG_1291 by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr IMG_1290 by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr IMG_1284 by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr
  9. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

Recent pictures IMG_1342 IMG_1340 by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr Overflow Untitled IMG_1334 Zoa Garden IMG_1323 IMG_1322 IMG_1321
  10. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

The 125g Early Mid life
  11. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

I will be taking down my 125g soon (I will be getting something different shortly after we move) so I wanted to take some pictures. This was my first major (30g>55g>125g) tank where I put in a lot of time and effort planning everything. It has been going strong for several years (with a couple...
  12. Docstach

May need to sell my 125g, advice?

Thanks, that is what I was afraid of and why I asked. I will have to start thinking about everything soon. I have some good pieces, but the tank is not overly full so maybe (hopefully) I will get lucky and find someone who wants to upgrade. Otherwise I will have to start coming up with an...
  13. Docstach

Where ever we move, I don't think a standard 6' 125g (with 75g sump) will fit so I am planning on selling everything. My decision was more based on trying to sell everything as a complete package or as individual pieces. I was just wondering if anyone has had luck selling largish (I know this...
  14. Docstach

So there is a pretty good chance I will be moving soon. I am not sure if this will just be somewhere else in Boston or to another city. Regardless, when I move I have decided I am going to sell everything and start over a bit later. I am definitely not getting out of the hobby, but I don't...
  15. Docstach

Jaw fish

No, sorry. I only have one. Just poor grammar...
  16. Docstach

Ann. Annual 2018 brs auction eye candy and donations

I can donate a couple of pieces if someone can pick up in East Boston. Please send me a PM
  17. Docstach

Skimmer stopped skimming

Thanks everyone. I ended up playing with the air intake and I think it might have been partially clogged. It still seemed like it was pulling air but after messing with it a bit it everything started working. I may try to clean it out good tomorrow to see if it improves even more.
  18. Docstach

Jaw fish

I really like my jaw fish, which is the much hardier yellow fin/pearly, but definitely give them a good amount of sand and lots of small ruble rock to line their cave with. I have mine in a very deep sandbed (~ 8") and he/she uses all of it. The cave they have hollowed out is quite large (it...
  19. Docstach

Skimmer stopped skimming

Thanks for the replies. I did try to adjust it some, but probably need to play with it some more. I will try the air trick too. One thing I really liked about my skimmer is that is a recirc fed off of my return pump and has been pretty resilient.
  20. Docstach

Skimmer stopped skimming

I noticed that my skimmer hasn't produced any skimmate since I emptied it last time about a week ago. I can't tell the reason though. It still seems to be pulling in air and water is flowing through it, just not foaming up like it used too. I don't think any surfactant or anything like that...
Back