1" PVC for 10 gallon

jjh

addicted
Hey guys do you think I could use 1" PVC for my diy overflow and return? It is a 10 gallon tank with a soon to be 10 gallon sump.. Thanks in advance

I just recently switched from a DIY PVC overflow, and I was using 3/4" PVC on my 55 gal with a mag 9 pump turned pretty much all the way down. Would guess I was getting about 3-500gph with the 3/4" PVC. So depends how much flow you want in there. Good luck, I was always nervous about the PVC overflow losing syphon so I just purchased a CPR overflow.

-Owen

I two am kinda interested in this. I have a 30gal tank that I have been trying to get the overflow and the return to work. I am using a 3/4" PVC pipe. I have the water at the level I want it to be at when full. I am just having trouble with figuring out what height I need the return. I was going pretty hard at it, some guys on here were telling me about "Durso Standpipe". I was wondering if it would be possible to do it with one piece of PVC with a bend at the level I want the water and another at a level for return. I got side tracked with work and was just working with my 10gal not reef ready tank. If someone has the time to help me out with this I would gratefully appreciate that. You can message me on here and I will respond back PLEASE HELP :)... Thanks guys

Back