120g Mixed Reef Build

Love that retro t5. Those end caps can be very tricky. Really nice work on that man. How are you liking those cooling fans? Nice and slick looking. Are they quiet?

Its only been a few days since I have had them running and they are super quiet. Hopefully they stay that way. I have a feeling as time goes on they might get a little louder.

Cool, thanks. My impression right now is that T5's are still the way to go. Seems like LED's just aren't there yet for larger tanks (though perfect for nano).

What I did like about LEDs was the fact that I could play with brightness of the LEDs to change the look of the tank and also to ramp up and ramp down the lighting. I personally just never saw the growth like I did under T5.

Not that I hate them I just prefer T5. I had 24 3 w cree LEDs on my biocube. 12 royal blue and 12 cool white on dimmable drivers.

Not that I hate them I just prefer T5. I had 24 3 w cree LEDs on my biocube. 12 royal blue and 12 cool white on dimmable drivers.

Ah. Yeah having only blues and whites is likely the issue here. Don't get me wrong T5 are amazing and they certainly have their application. But i really think that LEDs have a long way to go anymore. Obv they will make improvements, but the Vega Color looks incredible on paper.

I agree with you. I think if i had some more colors to hit a wider spectrum that I might of yielded some better results.

Perhaps down the road they could be an option for me again.

I repair the icecaps 660s here and there when I find great deals on broken ones. I had a few laying around so it made my decision even easier for the new setup.

So I just received an entry level Nikon D3100 with the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom-Nikkor VR lens as an early wedding gift. Haven't had much time to play with yet but here is a shot of my newest coral addition.

76D2E2CC-E071-4F83-AB4F-5C3FE5ECCC24-5552-0000024782A447AF_zpsd158acf1.jpg

I still need to take some new FTS as well as long with some other new coral I have just put in the tank. More pictures to come soon!

Back