275g Oasis Build

I just watched the video again at work and one of the guys asked me if I was watching the new Zelda video game. It kind of sounds like it a little. But that shroom I's a beauty.

Sorry for the late reply guys ... just so much going on in the life right now ... again. Just when things had somewhat settled down after passing over the reigns of LTR, and I was finally starting to enjoy life, family, and my tank, there has been quite a few turn of events and I'm not sure what the future holds for us anymore.

A little background to the story:
- I paid friend 1, a massive amount of money to do some work on our house over a year ago. To this date, I have been chasing him to come and finish the work.
- I paid friend 2, quite a bit of money to install central ac in our house over a month ago, he took the money and never came back. Excuse after Excuse for over a month, and all lies.
- I met both these "friends" here on BRS.
- Yes, I know, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I was brought up to trust friends, I guess I just failed to see through real friends from bull********ters.

I gave my "friend 2" the benefit of the doubt, and wanted to give him a second chance to return all our money back without any repercussions; but he lied to me yet once again, and now we will officially be going after him legally. I have been on the phone pretty much every day with the courts and lawyers, and am completely drained -- physically, emotionally, and financially. So much so, that I do not even feel like looking at my tank anymore because every time I look at it, it just reminds me of how I got screwed over by people I at one point trusted, that I met through this hobby.

All that being said, while I have not reached a final decision yet, I am contemplating breaking down this tank, selling everything off, and taking a break / possibly moving.

It really sucks how a couple of bad apples can affect your life so much, but not having had a single good night sleep in the last 2 weeks, not having been able to play with my kid the same because of the overwhelming stress, because of the above mentioned ordeals, I just don't know what to do and how to get back into this.

So ... that's my tank update ... oh well.

So sorry to hear. Sucks that you can't trust someone with a handshake anymore. I hope it gets resolved soon and with that your negative feelings towards the house/tank improve. lame lame lame.

This sucks, I am sorry for your misfortune, I hope that everything takes swing in the right direction. Don't make any rash decisions but if the tank is no longer a source or pride and entertainment then maybe a break is what you need. It is unfortunate that people not longer think that giving someone their word is important, what happened to everyone? Give it through the weekend and give the courts and chance to work. Sorry again.

Sorry to hear that, that is a beautiful tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archit,
As I mentioned before, don't give up because of some low life. You cannot let people like that dragged you down. If you wish to move out of state, I hope it's for your own good and your own decision and not because of these two low lives.
Let me know if I can help you in anyway to stay in this hobby.

That sucks to hear. I have had similar issues in life a break from the reminders is always good. When you come back it makes it that much better.

lmk if u need me to collect that cash for u ;) bad apples always make peoples live hell .karma will catch them keep ya head up. i hate hearing this stuff what a shame.if u need anything dont be affraid to ask

For all of us who Archit has helped so much, I think it would be a good gesture to swing by and buy a frag from him. It would help him financially and show our support to keeping him in this hobby.

Thank you for all the kind words guys; I really appreciate it.

Bill - my "friend 1", as much as I loathe him for stringing me along for so long, I know deep down inside he's a good guy, but just lazy. That's why I haven't pushed for any legal matters against him; plus he's in a slightly different trade and banned from BRS so I don't see the need.

my "friend 2", I am not going to post anything about him until we're done with the courts.

------

And while I truly appreciate the gesture, I want to let everyone know that I'm not going broke :) The reason for me to take down the tank, if it happens, will be purely the fact that it's just a reminder to me of how stupid it was of me to trust the 2 people like I did, and how much pain and stress it has caused me. I don't think I'll really be fragging anything either; probably going to try to sell the colonies whole if I can for what I feel they're worth, because I really hate fragging if I don't have to.

I really do appreciate the kind gesture though Bill :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww crap Archit, had no idea. Sorry to hear about everything. I've been on this forum for almost a year now and I feel a special connection with everyone through this hobby. I can only imagine how it must have felt to get screwed over by the same community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you ... live and learn I guess .. I was talking to my wife about how sad I feel doing this and the reasoning etc, and she reminded me that these 2 friends aren't the only ones that screwed me over ... when I was selling our original 170g custom tank (after we had moved LTR to a retail location), my "friend" (friend 0? hah) didn't fully pay for that tank + setup either ...

So I guess either everyone thinks I'm loaded with money and it's OK to screw me over, or I'm just a sucker for trusting people. I'm guessing it's the latter.

Either way, the full system is now listed in equipment for sale section. I'll do a massive photo session to take pics of the livestock, which very potentially will be the last update for this tank build ...

I'm sure I'll be back into this in the distant future .. but time will tell.

- Archit

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Archit, I know you love this hobby and it saddens me to see you leave it because a couple of Aholes screwed you over. Yes, some of it is live and learn. But mostly it's just bad people doing bad things. Getting out of the hobby only punishes yourself. You certainly did nothing that deserves that.

Kick yourself in the a** and move on a little wiser. Don't let the buggers win.

OMG, those are some friends you have.
They just disappeared?

Archit I know we pm'd each other about this and I put myself in your shoes and yah would be pissed and want to grab these guys by the throat. But your tanks are breath taken and I think you have a gift in this hobby. Just my opinion, good luck with your final decision I hope it's the right one.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back