275g Oasis Build

Archit

Non-member
Hello everyone!

As many of you know, I've been in process of setting up my own personal piece of oasis at my home, and with my personal account now setup, I am happy to share the progress :)

Tank: Miracles tank -- 84" (length) x 30" (width -- front to back) x 25" (height). Center overflow. 3-sides starphire glass + A custom frag tank
Sump: Advanced acrylics Alpha series
Skimmer: Tunze 9430
Lights: 3 x Ecotech Radion Pro + 6 x T5s (12 x 39w T5s split evenly so it's really 6 T5s)
Pump: Ecotech Vectra L1
Powerheads: 2 x Ecotech MP60s

Tank when delivered:

24526433630_1c1ee7f782_z.jpg

24454321269_aa0c287d66_z.jpg

Bringing the bad boy in:

24454319889_2a7736a260_z.jpg

24795700876_5db1907c07_z.jpg

All setup at it's final destination:

24821954175_4a55107610_z.jpg

Rockwork all done:

24454317669_bc37072ccf_z.jpg

24454317129_b95364dd27_z.jpg

Video of the rockwork:

[video=youtube;oJwK_g5ezxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJwK_g5ezxw[/video]

That tank is awesome! Congrats archit! Poor yorgos had to carry that beast? Lol
If ya put the word out ya could of had a bunch of people to help.
Can't wait to see this thing full of livestock, what are u using for equipment? Skimmer, etc..

Nice, I do see a bad boy in the third photo, hahahah

:) Thanks guys! Pretty excited myself! Can't wait to get the lights up!

Still have a long ways to go though ... need to finish the plumbing, have to setup the Apex, have to setup the lights, and the list goes on and on and on ... hopefully soon!! :) THEN will be the fun part of filling this baby up! I'm pretty positive it's already cycled by now but I'll just keep throwing in some ammonia to keep it going.

I do anticipate a lot of algae issues in the first few months :( the rock work was done on an impulse and I ended up using rock that had been sitting at my house for the last 2-3 years ... it used to be live once. So I'm pretty positive I'm going to have some serious phosphate issues in the near future.

Nice tank Archit! Can't wait to see more photos on the setup and eventual livestock. What do you plan for corals? Mix?

Thanks! :) not sure how many "high end" corals and fish I'd be able to afford now though, since I don't own a shop anymore :( I was lucky enough to get the O.K. from wife for the tank .. don't want to push it too hard by revealing my "want" list :)

I have to admit though, doing it as a hobby vs business has a whole different level of excitement that I love! I can finally go on my "reef shop hop" tours again!

home renovations are "almost" over. Just a few small things left :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Where did you get the suction cups to move the tank? I might be needing a set shortly.

Back